Cookessentials - Bundt Tin

maynard9, Dec 4, 7:26pm
I keep forgetting to tell you how thrilled I am with the Bundt tin I bought from your shop some time ago.I have used and used it - and always with success.

I used it last weekend (which reminded me to email you).Did your infamous Lemon Yoghurt Cake, filled the centre with strawberries out of my garden, sprinkled icing sugar over and served with Greek Yoghurt with a swirl of homemade Lemon Honey through it.
Served to a group of mates I had over to make Xmas cards with my crafting equipment - what a hit.

Thanks again - I plan to pop in during the next few weeks when over in Masterton to do the pre-visit thing with my MIL who lives in Kuripuni.

Regards

cookessentials, Dec 4, 9:29pm
Hi Raewyn
Thanks for thinking of me! they are a great tin, which reminds, me, I need to order more as I have run out. What I like about that particular one is that it is basically easy to slice as the shape gives you eith er thin or thick slices ( as per the pattern on the top) I love the sound of what you diid with your lemon yoghurt cake, it sounds delicious. Would love to see you, we are open 7 days now ( whose idea was THAT!!) So I best get a wiggle on, DH has gone and opened up at 10am and I am supposed to be there within the next hour,so best get a move on.

cookessentials, Dec 5, 1:25am
Glad to see such happy posters

2bakerz, Dec 5, 4:00am
Wow Maynard 9 my mouth was positively salivating!!I'm so looking forward to visiting the shop during our trip down that way Jan/Feb.I love that yoghurt cake and often make it but to have the bundt tin and dress it up like you did sounds divine!I think in a previous post I may have attibuted that yoghurt cake to the wrong poster....hope all is forgiven if I did!

cookessentials, Dec 18, 12:11am
Nice to meet you in the store today maynard9 and I am glad you like the lemon yoghurt cake. it is such an easy one to make and has served our family for nigh on 27 years now.

elliehen, Dec 18, 8:28am
Yes, I agree with uli...smiles all round.

I use my Bundt pan to make a chocolate cake and fill the centre with fresh raspberries and a dusting of icing sugar.

Makes a fabulous dessert.

maynard9, Dec 18, 9:24am
Yes - it was lovely to finally meet the person behind the name - and great recipes.I can assure forum members Pam is as lovely as her postings.

We got caught in a huge thunderstorm coming back through Woodville.Safely back home to make Bailey's Ice Cream and Rum Truffles.

Merry Christmas to you both.Have a well earned rest from that fabulous shop of yours.

cookessentials, Dec 19, 12:37am
Sounds delicious. DH said you are off his Christmas card list! LOL. He said "what about me?"

cookessentials, Dec 4, 9:29pm
Hi Raewyn
Thanks for thinking of me! they are a great tin, which reminds, me, I need to order more as I have run out. What I like about that particular one is that it is basically easy to slice as the shape gives you eith er thin or thick slices ( as per the pattern on the top) I love the sound of what you diid with your lemon yoghurt cake, it sounds delicious. Would love to see you, we are open 7 days now ( whose idea was THAT!) So I best get a wiggle on, DH has gone and opened up at 10am and I am supposed to be there within the next hour,so best get a move on.

2bakerz, Dec 5, 4:00am
Wow Maynard 9 my mouth was positively salivating!I'm so looking forward to visiting the shop during our trip down that way Jan/Feb.I love that yoghurt cake and often make it but to have the bundt tin and dress it up like you did sounds divine!I think in a previous post I may have attibuted that yoghurt cake to the wrong poster.hope all is forgiven if I did!

paulinedodds1, Dec 18, 5:21am
Whats a bundt pan.

pickles7, Dec 18, 5:26am

cookessentials, Dec 18, 5:37am
I am sorry pickles could not answer your question. The bundt pan is a typically American style pan,although it is taken from the European "gugelhopf" style of tin. They are usually quite fancy in shape. The one used for the lemon yoghurt cake is great because you can slice thin or thick pieces by following the shape of the pan. The one pictured is more expensive than some cookware stores.even with it being "on special"

elliehen, Dec 18, 5:42am
Pauline, they're really good for making festive cakes in.Mine is 'Nordic Ware' bought in the US.The one in the photo above is the basic pan (you can cut a big slice or a small slice all the way around the cake according to the pattern) but you can get many different styles and mini-ones too.

With the centre filled with fresh raspberries or strawberries at this time of year (cherries for a chocolate cake) it always looks a million dollars and gives the cook kudos, when it's actually the Bundt pan which deserves most of the credit :)

cookessentials, Dec 18, 5:45am

lilyfield, Dec 18, 6:22am
I make gugfelhopf in mine-very traditionel

raewyn64, Dec 18, 6:37am
wow they are awesome - I liked the ones you could see the resulted cake from - especially the castle one and the one that swirls - you could really go crazy with those tins :)

cookessentials, Dec 18, 6:46am
You sure could. The mini gugelhopf are fabulous for individual desserts too.

elliehen, Dec 18, 8:28am
Yes, I agree with uli.smiles all round.

I use my Bundt pan to make a chocolate cake and fill the centre with fresh raspberries and a dusting of icing sugar.

Makes a fabulous dessert.

gilligee, Dec 18, 8:38am
Decisions, decisions, decisions.

cookessentials, Dec 18, 8:44am
Start with a more basic one first and then move on to the fancy ones. I know Nigella Lawson did a cake in one on hr programme recently and it had Christmas trees sticking up out of it, apparently, it looked fabulous.

maynard9, Dec 18, 9:24am
Yes - it was lovely to finally meet the person behind the name - and great recipes.I can assure forum members Pam is as lovely as her postings.

We got caught in a huge thunderstorm coming back through Woodville.Safely back home to make Bailey's Ice Cream and Rum Truffles.

Merry Christmas to you both.Have a well earned rest from that fabulous shop of yours.

cookessentials, Dec 19, 12:37am
Sounds delicious. DH said you are off his Christmas card list! LOL. He said "what about me!"