Recipe for Home made Potato Salad Dressing

blossombunnies, Dec 2, 4:27am
Hi :)

I am wanting to try and make my own Potato Salad Dressing, does anyone have a nice recipe???

Thanks

rosathemad, Dec 2, 4:35am
I love just a splash of olive oil, a couple of drops of lemon juice, unsweetened yoghurt and some fresh chopped chives. Simple and good!

noonesgirl, Dec 2, 4:35am
Heat on med - high heat 500ml cream, add pkt cr of chicken soup, stir until thick & pour over. Chopped parsley, bacon, red onion can beadded.

There is a thread on the l/h message board that has got recipies.

walsh76, Dec 2, 4:48am
yup a bag of gourmet potatos, 500ml cream, 2 pkts of MAGGI CREME OF CHICKEN SOUP (its the best), bacon chives or parsley, boiled eggs if you want.... slowly heat cream and maggi mix till thicken add your cooked bacon sprinkle over top of spud then dressing and then chives dont toss it just leave serve hot and it can be re heated aswell

mamaa, Dec 2, 6:17am
Or you could use the old one.Condensed milk, vinegar, bit of mustard, and salt and pepper...to make it really runny add milkor to keep it thick just ad the mustard and vinegar...And lots of spring onions and parsley..

stasi21, Dec 2, 7:20am
x1
Half sour cream, half mayonnaise. Add chopped red onion, spring onion, cooked bacon and chopped gherkin. Mix carefully. So so yum!!

blossombunnies, Dec 2, 7:51am
ooohhhhh thank you all for the yummy recipes! Will definatly have to give these a go :)

cottagerose, Dec 7, 3:49am
mayonnaise. The cheapest you can find. sour cream and curry pwder to taste. More mayo than sour cream

dbab, Dec 7, 6:54pm
Mayo, sour cream, a sprinkle of sugar, chopped parsely, chopped gherkin, a little of the gherkin juice. If too thick you can add a little milk or cream.Make sure you have plenty of dressing as nothing worse than dry potato salad.

blossombunnies, Dec 2, 4:27am
Hi :)

I am wanting to try and make my own Potato Salad Dressing, does anyone have a nice recipe!

Thanks

walsh76, Dec 2, 4:48am
x1
yup a bag of gourmet potatos, 500ml cream, 2 pkts of MAGGI CREME OF CHICKEN SOUP (its the best), bacon chives or parsley, boiled eggs if you want. slowly heat cream and maggi mix till thicken add your cooked bacon sprinkle over top of spud then dressing and then chives dont toss it just leave serve hot and it can be re heated aswell

mamaa, Dec 2, 6:17am
Or you could use the old one.Condensed milk, vinegar, bit of mustard, and salt and pepper.to make it really runny add milkor to keep it thick just ad the mustard and vinegar.And lots of spring onions and parsley.

stasi21, Dec 2, 7:20am
Half sour cream, half mayonnaise. Add chopped red onion, spring onion, cooked bacon and chopped gherkin. Mix carefully. So so yum!

bev00, Dec 8, 11:12am
I use 1/2 yoghurt and 1/2 sour cream with chopped fennel fronds and caper berrries.

davidt4, Dec 8, 7:32pm
If you would like to make a real mayonnaise for your potato salad here is a basic recipe.It is very creamy;if you want it thinner you can add more lemon juice.

Mayonnaise (basic)

3 egg yolks
300 ml extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 - 2 lemons
salt
freshly ground pepper (preferably white)

All ingredients need to be at room temperature.

Whisk the egg yolks (use a hand whisk, or an electric whisk or a small food processor) until well blended and starting to thicken.Very gradually trickle in the oil, keep whisking and when you have added about a third of the oil it should be starting to thicken.As it thickens you can increase the rate at which you add the oil.

When it gets very thick add the juice of one lemon, this will thin it down.Add salt and pepper, continue to add the oil until you have a very thick mayonnaise.

Taste and adjust with more seasoning or lemon juice if it needs it.If it tastes too eggy it needs more salt.

You can vary this basic mayo by adding Dijon mustard or fresh garlic, chopped herbs, chopped capers, gherkins or anchovies.

susieq9, Dec 8, 9:21pm
To this I would also add some mint sauce. This is how we make our dressing.