Freezing Christmas rockyroad ...

jwatson, Nov 26, 4:23am
x1
I always make a white chocolate rocky road with turkish delight, marshmellows, coconut and pistachios for Christmas.Do you think if I made it now it would freeze and defrost ok?I normally make it at the last minute and it disappears quickly, but want to get organised early this year and do as much in advance as possible.I've frozen normal rockyroad with no problems, but am not sure about the turkish delight and pistachios.

gardie, Nov 26, 4:29am
x1
chocolate does not freeze successfully it sweats and discolours.Its sounds delish and if you feel like sharing the recipe, I'd love it.Not for freezing though - another last minute rush for you I'm thinking.

lynja, Nov 26, 4:53am
x1
can you share the recipe jwatson, it sounds lovely!

jwatson, Nov 26, 5:43am
x1
Shame about the freezing, would have prevented me from eating too much in advance lol.I don't follow a recipe as such, just melt 2 blocks of milky bar (or other white chocolate), add a pack of chopped up marshmellows, a handful of coconut thread, a pack of shelled pistachios (I like mine salted first as I love the sweet/salty combination).Then add some chopped up (but still chunky) bits of turkish delight.I always try and get some of the "real" stuff that has different flavours eg. lemon, mango, rose etc as it adds a lovely colour and refreshes the sweetness (you can sometimes get them from fruit shops or the bulk bins if there is no Turkish place near you).Mix together and check that there is a good balance of everything and then spread out in a sponge roll tin to however thick you want it.Cut into pieces when set.The colours of the pistachios, turkish delight and white chocolate looks great when you cut into it.Really yummy and is great to keep on hand for take a plate situations (if it lasts that long).Enjoy!

bigboy01, Nov 26, 12:54pm
x1
Do you add abit of Kremalta in this..?

lynja, Nov 27, 4:41am
x1
thank you jwatson sounds wonderful

timetable, Nov 27, 6:28pm
x1
i have always frozen my choc dipped bits and rocky road and have had no probs.make it all at least a month out from christmas, put in ice cream containers with layers of gladwrap between each layer and taken out of the frezzer the night before i need it.it sweats a little but has always tasted fine and if left on the bench uncovered dries out ok no prob.yes please to the recipe it sounds divine!!!

melinda1, Nov 27, 7:36pm
x1
jwatson can you elaborate on thge size of the milky bars please- cake of chocolate of the small single bars you normally find at the checkout?

phas3e, Nov 27, 10:10pm
x1
I use the king size blocks (i use whittakers) in my white choc rockyroad. Mine is basically the same as the recipe above but I put a dash of oil and some lemon zest in it. hope that helps

jwatson, Nov 29, 1:59am
x1
Hi everyone, sorry I forgot to come back and check the thread lol.I use the king size blocks of chocolate and it makes a sponge roll tin full (I like it quite thick and chunky), you could probably add more or less chocolate and then just adjust the other ingredients as long as there is enough chocolate to cover and mix with.I don't add anything else to the chocolate, just melt and mix as is.

timetable, Sep 14, 5:11pm
x1
you can also use choc drops..bin inn $8 pr kilo...