Kumara Cheesecake without eggs.

creeky1, Nov 22, 3:00am
Does anybody have a recipe? Wanting to make this for a Thanksgiving dinner and one of the kids has a egg allergy.

juliewn, Nov 22, 10:30am
Hi.. I just did an internet search and found there are a number of recipes, however none without eggs..

I think it would work to add very well mashed/pureed kumara to a cheesecake mix that uses gelatine to set the mix - so therefore isn't baked..

creeky1, Nov 22, 5:59pm
thanks for that, I have pretty much come to the same conclusion.

deus701, Nov 22, 10:41pm
i did a french onion tart using ricotta cheese. I was being mean and didn't want to use any eggs...so was a little worried that it wasn't going to set. But it did set overnite.. but i cannot guarantee it will work the same for you...maybe you can try a small test batch

creeky1, Nov 22, 3:00am
Does anybody have a recipe! Wanting to make this for a Thanksgiving dinner and one of the kids has a egg allergy.

juliewn, Nov 22, 10:30am
Hi. I just did an internet search and found there are a number of recipes, however none without eggs.

I think it would work to add very well mashed/pureed kumara to a cheesecake mix that uses gelatine to set the mix - so therefore isn't baked.

darkestangel1, Nov 22, 10:35am
Does anyone have this recipe please!

deus701, Nov 22, 10:41pm
i did a french onion tart using ricotta cheese. I was being mean and didn't want to use any eggs.so was a little worried that it wasn't going to set. But it did set overnite. but i cannot guarantee it will work the same for you.maybe you can try a small test batch

frances1266, Nov 23, 8:30am
Check out vegan blogs, lots of them have pumpkin cheesecake recipes so would just substitute kumera for the pumpkin.They dont use eggs.