Christmas lunch --salad recipes please!!!

Page 3 / 3
uli, Nov 24, 5:04am
bump again for the Xmas lunch makers LOL :)

shaddo, Nov 24, 6:35am
very similiar recipe to silver beet and orange, very nice

tracyj, Nov 24, 7:56am
That is devine! Please can you tell me what dressing you use! I tried it at a function and want to make it at home but unsure of what dressing to use. Thanks

geldof, Nov 24, 8:15am
I don't use a dressing.I finely chop a red onion and soak it in the juice of a lime (have used lemon) for about 30min.Drain and add to salad. Drizzle with a little oil.Some times add black olives.

If serving for guests, I put the salad onto a platter of baby spinach leaves for nice contrast of colours.

Think this is actually a Nigella recipe.

nzl99, Nov 24, 8:20am
Beetroot, Chicken and Pecan Salad.Could use turkey instead of chicken of course.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php!aid=2080309&id=1225939081&l=d9c317304c

nzl99, Nov 24, 8:23am
I'm with you. this is such a good way to use "left over" roast vege(I always deliberately make exta roast veges.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php!pid=31862479&l=fe8177420e&id=1225939081

usualsuspect, Nov 24, 11:30am
Waldorf salad with celery apple and walnuts in mayo and cream dressing.thats one i am serving this year

naki45, Nov 25, 3:41am
fee1965 wrote:

damn, can't find it! Found this though:
Kumera and Bacon salad -
6 med kumera, olive oil, 6 rashers bacon, 2 Tbsp lite sour cream,1 Tbsp curry powder, 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar, 2 stalks celery and 1/3 c fresh coriander.
1. Drizzle kumera with olive oil and season and roast. Add bacon (chopped) when kumera 1/2 cooked and keep roasting til kumera done.
2. Whisk sour cream, curry powder, vinegar with olive oil to make a dressing.
3. Season dressing.
4. Combine kumera, bacon and celery in a bowl. When cooled a little add dressing and stir thru coriander.

Oh that one sounds delicious!
have made a kumara salad with sliced onion, orange and fresh parsley through it with a mix of vinegar and oil poured over, that is yummy but looking forward to trying this one.

julzk, Nov 25, 8:13am
Carrot Salad.
4-6 grated carrots
1c raisins soaked in lemon juice
1c chopped walnuts

That's it!

geldof, Nov 25, 8:21am
That's yum.i do mine with orange juice, and add chives and parsley.

buzzy110, Nov 25, 9:52pm
That sounds fine geldof. Just ignore those people who can't see past salads made from tinned, frozen and stodgy products then drenched in icky sugar laden and/or chemical filled, processed dressings.

christne, Nov 26, 4:27am
Even worse! Do you add peanuts as well! YUCK!

geldof, Nov 26, 4:54am
With bourbon!or Husband!*cringes*

christne, Nov 26, 5:03am
B still doesn't believe me bout the husband being in car doing burn outs - sheesh that was funny!

geldof, Nov 26, 5:16am
Why!Hasn't he seen them in the paddock with the go cart and M's old car's!

gaspodetwd, Nov 24, 5:57am
Caesar - just cos lettuce, parmesan shavings, croutons and Caesar style dressing. I like it with no anchovies - and bits of crispy fried bacon instead.

Potato salad - new potatoes in sour cream with finely sliced spring onions and grated cheese.

Rice salad - cooked rice with finely chopped capsicums, tomato,and peas and sweetcorn. Season with soy sace.