Christmas lunch --salad recipes please!!!

Page 1 / 3
leigh24, Nov 19, 11:27am
Im making the christmas lunch this year ,thats all good but i have a great" Jamie Oliver" tried & tested !Turkey recipe , i just need some real nice tasty salads to go with , i love interesting salads ,lots of colours/fruitsetc ....any ideas please ...

waterlilies, Nov 19, 11:31am
x1
Last year I made toadfishes brown rice salad, a potato salad and a green salad. I add pistachios and bits of bacon in my normal green salad.

korbo, Nov 19, 6:11pm
cook up some coloured pasta spirals, cool, add 1 jar of Kanton or plain brand, sweet/sour, add 1/2 tin drained pinapple, crushed or peices, a chopped up red onion, and decorate with parsley on top.
refridge for a few hours first.

margyr, Nov 19, 8:13pm
peel and grate some beetroot (raw), some honey and mustard dressing, you could add some onion. quick and tasty, and colourful. grate carrot add some sultanas and mint sauce, golden kumera with red capsicum an orange and use a mayo and sour cream dressing. slice tomato and a telegraph cucumber (peel some strips off and run a fork down the sides), then layer these up into a tower.

margyr, Nov 19, 8:17pm
x1
google eton mess, this is yummy and unusual.

margyr, Nov 19, 8:22pm
roast a whole load of root vege pumpkin, in cube size, include capsicum, onion, garlic, brocolli, cauli, mushroom, and either use a mayonaisse or a french dressing and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.

raebea, Nov 21, 8:17am
orange & onion salad, we just love this. slice a medium onion- (red is the nicest), but any will do, sliced across into rings- not too thick, then peel an orange, & slice across into rings, put both into a jar/basin, & pour over the following dressing which is-- in a cup put 1 teaspoon of salt, then make it up to 1/4 cup with sugar, then make it up to 1/2 cup with boiling water, stir until sugaris dissolved, then fill to top with vinegar,pour over the Orange& Onion & enjoy. If making larger ammounts just double the ammount of dressing,etc.

geldof, Nov 21, 8:24am
Watermelon feta and mint

fee1965, Nov 22, 2:58am
I can post a kumera, orange and cashew salad of you like?Couscous is easy and very tasty, just chuck in some cubes of feta, cherry toms, chucks of cucumber and fresh parsley...yum

microlight1, Nov 22, 3:02am
kumera orange and cashew salad recipe please

christne, Nov 22, 3:03am
That sounds terrible!!!

fee1965, Nov 22, 3:12am
damn, can't find it!Found this though:
Kumera and Bacon salad -
6 med kumera, olive oil, 6 rashers bacon, 2 Tbsp lite sour cream,1 Tbsp curry powder, 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar, 2 stalks celery and 1/3 c fresh coriander.
1. Drizzle kumera with olive oil and season and roast.Add bacon (chopped) when kumera 1/2 cooked and keep roasting til kumera done.
2. Whisk sour cream, curry powder, vinegar with olive oil to make a dressing.
3. Season dressing.
4. Combine kumera, bacon and celery in a bowl.When cooled a little add dressing and stir thru coriander.

jia5, Nov 22, 3:13am
Christmas green and red salad
Ingredients 15 ounce can whole kernel cornsame of peas and kidney beans. I used frozen corn and peas.
one half minced red onion, half a cup chopped celery,half a cup sliced radishes, 1 cup creamy salad dressing, 2 tablespoons milk or cream.Combine corn, peas, beans, onions celery and radish. Whisk together salad dressing and milk or cream, pour over salad toss and refrigerate over night. This recipe doesn't sound much but is absolutely delicious. If I was Annabel I would say"sooo delicious"

geldof, Nov 22, 6:41am
Sound better with a sav. dressing?lol

zappi, Nov 22, 9:03pm
Beetroot Salad.1 packet of boysenberry jelly, 1 can of diced beetroot, 3 tblspns of white wine vinegar (i only had red wine vinegar and turned out OK).Put jelly in bowl and pour over 3/4 cup of hot water to dissolve.Add the drained juice of can to this and vinegar and pour over the beetroot.Give a stir and put in fridge to set.I have made this at 3 in the afternoon and its been ready for dinner but probably better made earlier.Really yummy and looks good and christmassy.

bisloy, Nov 22, 11:30pm
x1
My friend made a lovely salad with cooled roasted veges and couscous (using vegetable stock) and pinenuts. Very good and I am not a couscous fan, but I will be making this one.

gavin166, Nov 23, 12:07am
Lettuce, moong sprouts, red onion, spring onion, carrot matchsticks, seriously thin capsicum... dress with sliced deseeded fresh chili, crushed peanuts, fish sauce, chili sauce, peanut oil and lime juice, sugar to taste...
...sprinkle w heaps of fresh coriander(mint and basil good too) and serve with crunchy noodles on the side.

frances1266, Nov 23, 3:37am
Watermelon, fetta and mint salad is delicious.

geldof, Nov 23, 3:51am
Thanks for the support.some people have no taste.lol
Might have to do up a sample dish!

cottagerose, Nov 23, 4:14am
bisloy wrote:
My friend made a lovely salad with cooled roasted veges and couscous (using vegetable stock) and pinenuts. Very good and I am not a couscous fan, but I will be making this one.[/quote

Could you please post the recipe. I like the sound of this salad

stompy, Nov 23, 4:15am
This sounds delicious have copy and psated itthanks

gardie, Nov 23, 8:13am
Really special with a curry mayonnaise fold through the lot.(Sizzle a bit of curry in some butter till fragrant then add some diced onions and saute slowly.When softish, cool the stir through some mayonnaise - Pams is fine)

nauru, Nov 24, 4:57am
Curried Chickpea Salad.
Can chickpeas drained or 2 cups cooked chickpeas, 1/2 red onion or 1 spring onion finely chopped , 1/2 red pepper finely diced, 1 garlic clove finely chopped, salt & pepper to taste, 2 tablsp mayonnaise, 2 tablsp sour cream, 1 teasp curry powder, 1/2 teasp gd cumin, 1 tablsp fresh coriander chopped. Mix all ingredients together and put in dish and chill until required. Also good to do day before & chill overnight.

tracyj, Nov 24, 7:56am
That is devine! Please can you tell me what dressing you use? I tried it at a function and want to make it at home but unsure of what dressing to use. Thanks

geldof, Nov 24, 8:15am
I don't use a dressing.I finely chop a red onion and soak it in the juice of a lime (have used lemon) for about 30min.Drain and add to salad. Drizzle with a little oil.Some times add black olives.

If serving for guests, I put the salad onto a platter of baby spinach leaves for nice contrast of colours.

Think this is actually a Nigella recipe.