Christmas lunch --salad recipes please!!!

Page 2 / 3
nzl99, Nov 24, 8:20am
Beetroot, Chicken and Pecan Salad.Could use turkey instead of chicken of course.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2080309&id=1225939081&l=d9c317304c

nzl99, Nov 24, 8:23am
I'm with you... this is such a good way to use "left over" roast vege(I always deliberately make exta roast veges.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31862479&l=fe8177420e&id=1225939081

naki45, Nov 25, 3:41am
fee1965 wrote:

damn, can't find it! Found this though:
Kumera and Bacon salad -
6 med kumera, olive oil, 6 rashers bacon, 2 Tbsp lite sour cream,1 Tbsp curry powder, 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar, 2 stalks celery and 1/3 c fresh coriander.
1. Drizzle kumera with olive oil and season and roast. Add bacon (chopped) when kumera 1/2 cooked and keep roasting til kumera done.
2. Whisk sour cream, curry powder, vinegar with olive oil to make a dressing.
3. Season dressing.
4. Combine kumera, bacon and celery in a bowl. When cooled a little add dressing and stir thru coriander.

Oh that one sounds delicious!
have made a kumara salad with sliced onion, orange and fresh parsley through it with a mix of vinegar and oil poured over, that is yummy but looking forward to trying this one.

naki45, Nov 25, 3:45am
A popular one with our family is the noodle salad one, I think I have posted it on here before.
Made with 2 min noodles, chopped tomato, grated carrot, chopped capsicum and part boiled brocolli florets. Mixed in a dressing of 2 min noodle flavour sachets, oil vinegar, curry powder and honey.
Even better made the night before, just needs stirring every now and then while in the fridge to make sure its well covered.

uli, Nov 25, 5:14am
bump for the Xmas lunch makers.

tracyj, Nov 25, 5:43am
Thank you! I found it in a Nigella book in a shop today and tried to memorise it.

julzk, Nov 25, 8:12am
I have a spinach and grapefruit salad recipe with a sweet and sour dressing if you are interested.I can look out the recipe tomorrow.

julzk, Nov 25, 8:13am
Carrot Salad.
4-6 grated carrots
1c raisins soaked in lemon juice
1c chopped walnuts

That's it!

geldof, Nov 25, 8:21am
That's yum.i do mine with orange juice, and add chives and parsley.

frances1266, Nov 25, 7:41pm
I posted a lovely pumpkin salad recipe the other day.I will bump it up for anyone who is interested.

buzzy110, Nov 25, 9:52pm
That sounds fine geldof. Just ignore those people who can't see past salads made from tinned, frozen and stodgy products then drenched in icky sugar laden and/or chemical filled, processed dressings.

jordyndavey, Nov 25, 11:45pm
musculn lettuce, cucumber, grated carrot, whole grapes, oranges in little squares or something, camembert cheese, tomamtos (cherry or just normal ones cut small) its yummmmmm

rover48, Nov 26, 2:00am
I made the mellon ,Feta & mint and we all loved it, thanks :)

christne, Nov 26, 4:24am
I spies you I do!

christne, Nov 26, 4:27am
Even worse!!! Do you add peanuts as well?? YUCK!!!

geldof, Nov 26, 4:54am
With bourbon?or Husband?*cringes*

geldof, Nov 26, 4:55am
Sheesh, gonna be to scared to haveyou guys over for dinner!

christne, Nov 26, 5:03am
B still doesn't believe me bout the husband being in car doing burn outs - sheesh that was funny!!!

geldof, Nov 26, 5:16am
Why?Hasn't he seen them in the paddock with the go cart and M's old car's?

leigh24, Nov 19, 11:27am
Im making the christmas lunch this year ,thats all good but i have a great" Jamie Oliver" tried & tested !Turkey recipe , i just need some real nice tasty salads to go with , i love interesting salads ,lots of colours/fruitsetc .any ideas please .

fee1965, Nov 22, 2:58am
I can post a kumera, orange and cashew salad of you like!Couscous is easy and very tasty, just chuck in some cubes of feta, cherry toms, chucks of cucumber and fresh parsley.yum

christne, Nov 22, 3:03am
That sounds terrible!

fee1965, Nov 22, 3:12am
damn, can't find it!Found this though:
Kumera and Bacon salad -
6 med kumera, olive oil, 6 rashers bacon, 2 Tbsp lite sour cream,1 Tbsp curry powder, 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar, 2 stalks celery and 1/3 c fresh coriander.
1. Drizzle kumera with olive oil and season and roast.Add bacon (chopped) when kumera 1/2 cooked and keep roasting til kumera done.
2. Whisk sour cream, curry powder, vinegar with olive oil to make a dressing.
3. Season dressing.
4. Combine kumera, bacon and celery in a bowl.When cooled a little add dressing and stir thru coriander.

jia5, Nov 22, 3:13am
Christmas green and red salad
Ingredients 15 ounce can whole kernel cornsame of peas and kidney beans. I used frozen corn and peas.
one half minced red onion, half a cup chopped celery,half a cup sliced radishes, 1 cup creamy salad dressing, 2 tablespoons milk or cream.Combine corn, peas, beans, onions celery and radish. Whisk together salad dressing and milk or cream, pour over salad toss and refrigerate over night. This recipe doesn't sound much but is absolutely delicious. If I was Annabel I would say"sooo delicious"

geldof, Nov 22, 6:41am
Sound better with a sav. dressing!lol