Recommendations for the best pasta machine..please

Page 1 / 2
kiwigoldie, Nov 2, 7:42am
i am seriously considering purchasing a pasta machine so i can make wonderful fresh pasta at home...we would mostly use it for spagetti, fettucine, lasagne sheets....any recommendations gratefully reviewed...

cookessentials, Nov 2, 7:51am
The two best are the Marcato Atlas 150 which is Italian and also the Imperia.

kiwigoldie, Nov 2, 7:57am
funny you say that about the Marcato...a friend has got one of those and says its one of the best.
Just curious as to what criteria you would use to call them the best....just picking your brains....also....any idea where i buy one from...my friend got hers second hand....but i havent seen them in the shops here in Napier....thanks

cookessentials, Nov 2, 8:21am
Marcato is a family business and they have been going since around 1938. Cheap machines do not give you evenly rolled pasta. The Marcato have a three year warranty. The ARE Italian made. It has an easy use dial to get various thicknesses of dough. It comes with standard cutters for lasagne,fettucine and tagliolini which is a type of spaghetti. You can also purchase other attachments if/when you want such as the ravioli attachment etc. You may find the shop in Napier only sells his own brand which is Judge or Stellar. You could ask at TFE Napier,they may have them.

kiwigoldie, Nov 2, 9:24am
thanks for that cookessentials...last time i looked in TFE they only had the imperia....i really appreciate your advice as i had got quite confused by all the "cheapies" you can get....you have explained things very well for me...many thanks.

juliewn, Nov 3, 3:45am
I saw an advert for one on TV a few days ago, at 50% off.. maybe Briscoes??

kiwigoldie, Nov 3, 8:07am
Have found a Marcato....reduced to clear at Stevens for $75....they are holding it for me...i am very pleased as had rung around and the dearest was $160 for the same one....cant wait to get it...thanks cookessentials for your confirmation advise....

cookessentials, Nov 3, 8:20am
You are very welcome...you have got one for an excellent price. Look after it and you will have it for many years to come. Re,e,mber, NEVER wash it or get it wet. Invest in a small bristle brush to help keep it clean.

akd100, Nov 3, 8:54am
I really wanted the marcato, but I got the imperia for half the price, I spoke to my italian friend and she said they are both as good as each other anyway, so went with the cheapest.You got yours at a great price!!

kiwigoldie, Nov 18, 4:41am
Okies dokies....now....hmmm...i have the machine...what next :)....i know i am supposed to use a particular flour....any more advise please.

akd100, Nov 25, 5:04am
High grade or italian 00 flour.I used high grade and its fine.

nzl99, Nov 25, 5:25am
I have an Imperia... works fine for me... but then, I'm only just learning about making my own pasta.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2093586&id=1225939081&l=777469e7cd

kiwigoldie, Nov 25, 9:17am
nzl99....your pictures look fabulous....where did you get your ideas/recipes from?...sure looks divine...

lythande1, Nov 25, 6:30pm
Hmmm. Why are they? I bought one of the cheap chinese ones off Trademe 9 years ago. It's brilliant, no issues, nothing wrong with it and I use it often.
Why the need for expensive ones? As for flour I just use bread flour. Mix the dough, let it sit for a few minutes. feed through, at this point it's a bit crumbly. Fold and put through again a couple of times, it starts to stick then, then just do your thickness adjustments.
I use it mostly for making lasagna, cannelloni and ravioli.
And yes, I don't immerse in water, just clean off with a damp cloth, feed a damp cloth through the rollers too (Not the cutters).

guest, Dec 30, 10:33pm
Just returned a no-name one to Stevens for a refund. The plating on the rollers began to come off and there were shiny bits of it in the pasta. Bought it last winter for $49.99 and only used it a dozen times. Now I'm hunting for a good one that doesn't cost an arm and leg.

mskissakiwi, Feb 12, 6:05am
Does anyone have the imperia pasta maker?

kiwigoldie, Nov 3, 7:42am
i am seriously considering purchasing a pasta machine so i can make wonderful fresh pasta at home.we would mostly use it for spagetti, fettucine, lasagne sheets.any recommendations gratefully reviewed.

kiwigoldie, Nov 3, 7:57am
funny you say that about the Marcato.a friend has got one of those and says its one of the best.
Just curious as to what criteria you would use to call them the best.just picking your brains.also.any idea where i buy one from.my friend got hers second hand.but i havent seen them in the shops here in Napier.thanks

kiwigoldie, Nov 3, 9:24am
thanks for that cookessentials.last time i looked in TFE they only had the imperia.i really appreciate your advice as i had got quite confused by all the "cheapies" you can get.you have explained things very well for me.many thanks.

juliewn, Nov 4, 3:45am
I saw an advert for one on TV a few days ago, at 50% off. maybe Briscoes!

kiwigoldie, Nov 4, 8:07am
Have found a Marcato.reduced to clear at Stevens for $75.they are holding it for me.i am very pleased as had rung around and the dearest was $160 for the same one.cant wait to get it.thanks cookessentials for your confirmation advise.

cookessentials, Nov 4, 8:20am
You are very welcome.you have got one for an excellent price. Look after it and you will have it for many years to come. Re,e,mber, NEVER wash it or get it wet. Invest in a small bristle brush to help keep it clean.

akd100, Nov 4, 8:54am
I really wanted the marcato, but I got the imperia for half the price, I spoke to my italian friend and she said they are both as good as each other anyway, so went with the cheapest.You got yours at a great price!

kiwigoldie, Nov 19, 4:41am
Okies dokies.now.hmmm.i have the machine.what next :).i know i am supposed to use a particular flour.any more advise please.

nzl99, Nov 26, 5:25am
I have an Imperia. works fine for me. but then, I'm only just learning about making my own pasta.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php!aid=2093586&id=1225939081&l=777469e7cd