ALDI CHRISTMAS CAKES............

mallee, Nov 1, 12:43am
Aldi's are just gorgeous. It's just not Christmas without an Aldi's or 3.....well sometimes 5.
Regrettably no Aldi that I know of in NZ, but if you have family there, why not get them to post you a cake, you won't regret it.

lilyfield, Nov 1, 3:02am
everything from Aldi is pretty awesome. I am a huge fan and come back with a loaded suitcase every time.

uli, Nov 1, 4:25am
They are already in Australia - so will eventually come to NZ - they already bought their web address :)

samanya, Nov 1, 5:26am
Already?
They have been there for quite some years now, hope they come heresoon.

uli, Nov 1, 5:35am
Well it is a long way for two elderly gentlemen from the backwaters in Germany :)

nfh1, Nov 1, 7:20am
They were dreadful in the UK.

wildebeest, Nov 1, 7:54am
Aldi is awesome!! i hope they come soon!! and ikea dammit!!!

lizab, Nov 1, 8:32am
hope it's not the same as lidls in the UK - last time I was there my mum dragged me round and it was pretty nasty!!

uli, Nov 1, 9:45pm
Mallee - you realize that you can make Stollen yourself quite easily though?

mallee, Nov 1, 11:09pm
Good Morning uli :-)
It's not stollen (although they may sell that as well) it is actually a fruit/nut moist cake, oohhhhhh drool territory. Our kids have been given instructions to bring 2 over for Christmas. I learnt a valuable lesson with Aldi, by boxing day, there's not a cake to be had. So one has to get in before the 25th.

lizab, Nov 2, 4:27am
yummm Stollen!!!! thx for reminding me uli :)

uli, Nov 2, 5:10am
Yeah - must get my wheat sourdough up to scratch too - Stollen and Panettone coming up.

nfh1, Nov 2, 8:17am
Yes they were both about the same in the UK - awful.

wellygoggles, Nov 2, 5:52pm
A friend took me to one in Queensland and it was pretty dire looking - not an interesting visit to a new brand of supermarket.I'll stick to Foodtown

mallee, Nov 2, 10:00pm
Good Morning ladies,
I actually wasn't meaning the shops or the layout of the shop, just their awsome Christmas cake :-) :-)

elliehen, Jul 10, 7:02am
And their other awesome products...In the downtown Melbourne Aldi, I bought a cycling jacket for $20 after seeing an almost identical one for $90 at an upmarket shop just around the corner :)