Kitchen Whizz/Aid

akd100, Oct 27, 5:27am
What kind of kitchen whizz do you have??I'm looking at the Artisan Kitchen Aid.Anyone have one??What are your recommendations?Kenwood??I'm prepared to spend a fair amount of money on a good one.

davidt4, Oct 27, 5:44am
Magimix (also called Cuisinart and Robot Coupe) is usually regarded as the best.

cookessentials, Oct 27, 5:44am
Well, I have a Kenwood ( bought a number of years ago)
And soem may call me biased but I sell KitchenAid and IMO it is one of the best available. If it is the food processor you are after, it comes with three bowls which is very handy.
Also bear in mind that if you are thinking of buying one, there is a price rise due 1 November.

akd100, Oct 27, 5:59am
Ohh really cookessentials, they are $800 as at is lol, aghhh, I thought the shop that sells them here might have a xmas sale.I'll have a look at the magimix too, thanks david.

cookessentials, Oct 27, 6:40am
Are you looking at the food processor or the stand mixer which you can add optional attachments to?
Stand mixers are currently $899- they are rising to $995 for the standard colours. The food processor are $725 and rising to $850 from memory. They were actually this price last year and dropped due to the currency fluctuations.
The distributors do not allow them to be discounted I'm afraid. You could always put it on lay-by so that you get it at this current price. The stand mixers are all metal construction and still hand assembled in the USA. They are gear driven,direct drive as opposed to Kenwood being belt driven.

jesus_2, Oct 27, 6:58am
I have Kenwood Patissier Mixer in chilli red and i LOOVE it :) looks the same as a kitchen aid but not as expensive, and they last for aggges

michelle_09, Oct 27, 7:00am
I have a Kenwood - It was given to my Nan by Grandad when they were both still young. She's 71 now and has passed it on to me. I am having a guess.. it's probably at least 40 years old. It's a bit loud, but it's awesome! I would never swap it for a fancy colored one haha

roger56, Oct 27, 7:19am
I have a Toshiba food processor which is 29 years old and the shaft looks like it is starting to split.Can someone tell me where I can get Magimix from or KitchenAid?Thanks.

katalin2, Oct 27, 7:43am
Award Appliances in Blenheim Rd Christchurch are the NZ agents for Magimix. They often have seconds hugely discounted as they might have tiny marks on them when unpacked. I bought mine from them years ago as a second. Was in there recently and they had seconds on display. Otherwise I have seen Magimix at good kitchen stores- In Christchurch at Ballanynes and the Homestore in Merivale. Well worth the extra in my opinion, especially if you are going to use it frequently- it is a pleasure to work with.

cookessentials, Oct 27, 8:30am
The older ones are brilliant...sadly the newer models are not the same as the old originals.

cookessentials, Oct 27, 8:31am
Yeah, thats the one that has tried to copy the KA shape...I see Breville has tried to do the same.

akd100, Oct 27, 9:39am
Ohh I don't know what to do.Its hard here in Gisborne, I like to go and look at them and see their functions, I hate just reading about them, but there isn't alot here.

adragon, Oct 27, 9:21pm
Sorry but magimix, cuisinart and robot coupe are not all the same.Cuisinart is from america and not related to the others, magimix is the domestic version (but heavy duty) and robot coupe is more commercial (not as many add on features).All three are very good though.It just depends on what your requirements are.

jag5, Oct 27, 11:38pm
I still have, and use regularly, my Ralta Kitchen Whizz from way back....i think it was the first one to come out back in the 70's..so it would be close to 35 years old now.Handle on bowl broken but still goes wickedly.

seniorbones, Oct 28, 7:20am
Well I wouldn't go past my Kitchen aide..its beautiful to look at and also to use, there are so many attachements (no havent made the sausages yet Pam! just need the time and a nice recipe) also would like the icecream attachment, is that going up? It is an heirloom just as the older kenwood were, as soon as I bought it off cookessentials the first thing my daughter said was to make sure I put a sticker with her name under it!! It sits proudly on my bench because it weighs a ton, its too heavy to keep lifting and putting back into the cupboard, but then I use so much because its there, baking whipping and pavs are a breeze now and a sunday ritual. Just love it.

akd100, Oct 28, 7:32am
I agree seniorbones, they are LOVELY to look at.

carbon_trader, Oct 29, 4:25am
Just to clarify some misinformation:
Magimix is a product from the same French manufacturing plant as Robot coupe product but not the same machine....
however.. Cuisinart has NOTHING to do with Magimix and not even the same company. Its a competitor to Magimix and Kitchen Aid.
Cuisinart is a brand owned by the Conair Corporation in the USA and the products are made in China.

akd100, Oct 29, 4:29am
Cookessentials, where are the KA's made??

rsr72, Oct 29, 4:32am
Kenwood Chef -They're better, and much quieter.

carbon_trader, Oct 29, 10:08am
China. Have a look on the Manufacturer statement label under them
It says Made in PRC. Peoples republic of China.

cookessentials, Oct 29, 5:46pm
the stand mixer is hand assembled still in the USA. The food processor is going to made again in the USA as well.
Maureen, I would have to check the price list to see if the attachments are increasing in price.

cookessentials, Oct 29, 5:49pm
The processor only CT and not for much longer, they are going back to being made again in the USA. The stand mixer is wholly made in the USA as it always has been. No plastic, all metal construction.
I deal with Award Appliances for spare parts on Magimix...I do get customers wanting spare shredding blades that seem to be the one thing on the MM that break often.

akd100, Oct 29, 9:24pm
I haven't got one to look at.

akd100, Jul 2, 7:57am
Awesome, thanks.