Hottest baker

Page 2 / 4
coffee3, Mar 4, 9:04am
are people really enjoying this show? I love baking but this show is so painful the contestants are useless they don't know much about baking where did they get them from? I'm guessing an agency

iamkat, Mar 4, 10:09am
I missed it who went home? ?

snapit, Mar 4, 10:13am
Grayson

iamkat, Mar 4, 10:15am
thank goodness for that! !

alebix, Mar 4, 10:18am
Next week will be interesting.

I thought I was imagining things when I heard they bought their own ingrediants from home. How sad is Nestle?
Cant they afford the basics?

I like Emma, she seems pretty down to earth, not out there... love her baking.
Her spaghetti and meatballs cupcake was a great idea.

coyoteblonde, Mar 4, 10:23am
The Mr reckons Toni will win, I am hoping for Emma.

You could really feel the tension tonight, and how the contestants are fed up with the judges and their inconsistent critiquing. How on earth did Toni's crumble equate to a cupcake, when they were picking the others apart because they were "too big"? Then they ragged on the yellow cupcakes being too bright, yet were saying how disappointed they were that there wasn't enough colour from the contestants- wtf? ?

I'm sick of that host too, enough to put you off the damn food how he goes about flicking his horrid hair everywhere and trying to get attention by being crude.

P. S. Did anyone else notice how Courtney was holding her tongue and over-agreeing with the judges when they were critiquing her face to face? It was very "I-dont-give-a-shit-so-sh-
ove-it-up-your-arse" lol

nfh1, Mar 4, 8:00pm
I gave up with it - the presenter is just disgusting, some of the things he says - another lost opportunity, it could have been really good.

margyr, Mar 4, 8:11pm
i watched it last night for the first time, who is the presenter? what is his claim to fame? also 2 hours and that was all they could come up with 12 poorly decorated cupcakes? hmmmmmmmm.

fruitluva2, Mar 4, 8:41pm
I wondered that too margyr, and a bloomin wasted 2 hours with not so good decoration. Brought goods including decorations that gay gray used is cheating. Notice they had Nestles cocoa? wonder if that is stipulated.

spotswood, Mar 4, 8:49pm
Colin and Grayson LOVED the crumping! ! ... ... ... ... ... more like a couple of crumpets! ! ! !

fruitluva2, Mar 4, 9:08pm
I thought I'd learn a few tips but no. Hey Lisa7 give it a go, even do practice runs at home with friends and family throwing comments etc at you at least maybe prep you to work, smile, bake and talk while under pressure. Show what great trademe cooks we have on board.

fifie, Mar 4, 9:54pm
When this show first came to air, i thought it had potential after everything settled down, I might learn something, and up skill myself with the modern baking ways lol. . Sadly to my way of thinking the shows slowly got worse i think they have the wrong judges and presenter, no matter how hard everyone trys they always do it wrong in their eyes, They are forgetting they have had years of training these guys just love to bake, let alone do it all in front of a camera, and its starting to show in the contestants faces they don't give a S@#$% any more. . When Karen got booted off 2 weeks ago she said it all, how pleased she was to be out of this kitchen. Going to be hard to pick a winner, usually the judges give a indication who and what they like, but this lot are all over the place, its going to get worse. .

gregg74, Mar 5, 1:40am
Who is his dad?

fruitluva2, Mar 5, 1:46am
sailor Coutts, gregg

pam.delilah, Mar 5, 1:46am
Russell coutts

wilson16, Mar 5, 4:32am
I thought the meatball cupcakes were cool too. Maybe a little too much topping, but at least it was totally different.

Grayson's presentation was good (if it wasn't for his cupcakes)

Last nights programme had a lot less of the sleazy innuendo than before. Perhaps they have been reading our threads.

nfh1, Mar 5, 4:49am
If I was an Executive at Nestle I think I would be cringing a little too!

goldgurl, Mar 5, 5:33am
Agree with you 100%! ! They only had karen on there in the first place so that we wouldn't be asking "where are all the older 'not so hot' looking cooks... that was their opportunity to get rid of her and they did... at the end of the day Karen can cook the socks off ALL of the other contestants.

I don't understand the title of the show for a start - 'hottest' must mean their 'looks' cos they sure as hell aren't the best! !

fruitluva2, Mar 5, 5:55am
Well it certainly wasn't meant for gays, nor young pplotherwise they wouldn't have the remaining older contestants on. So they're after the Hottest ( Best ) Baker. They copy from recipes so come on tmmb-ers, log on to tv3 and sign up for the next series, we have enough great cooks here.

pam.delilah, Mar 5, 6:53am
. not her original idea
http://www.notquitenigella.com/2009/10/06/spaghetti-meatball
-cupcakes/

alebix, Mar 5, 6:59am
He is a model, he was the "Tyra" of our very own New Zealand top model.
I have no idea what he has to do with baking.
Dont know why they couldntget someone with class or even knowledge about what they are talking about.
Whats wrong with Alison Holst, Jo Seager etc...

fruitluva2, Mar 5, 8:16am
Can you ppl in here go to the tv3 site and read up the thread there about the show. There has been an update and it is not pleasing results of tv3. We need more complaints flowing in to them showing our displeasure of the sleaze. Perhaps then tv3 will take note. Please. Oh and sign up and add your opinion too please. Sorry idk the rules for tv3 if its ok to C&P back to here, soI better not. Although some tm threads are there.
Go to discussion thread then show title. Thanks.

wilson16, Mar 5, 8:51am
Yes, she did say she saw it in a book.

It's a shame the rest of the cupcakes (from all the bakers) were really not much more than piped frosted icing with a few fancy sprinkles.

I'm actually quite inspired, kids Easter birthday coming up and there must be heaps of ideas out there on the internet.

wilson16, Mar 5, 8:57am
Here's another cool link.

http://www.hellocupcakebook.com/

wilson16, Mar 5, 9:13am
I didn't realise there was a thread in Parenting too. There has also been one in TV and Movies.

The TV 3 thread reads about the same a here on TM.