Pork Crackling

brokenbutterfly, Oct 14, 3:07am
How do you get it nice and crunchy...?

4boofs, Oct 14, 3:42am
I tend to burn crackling, so it's left to my husband.He rubs salt into the skin and after the pork is roasted cuts the skin off and places under the grill (that's when I burn it!).You have to keep an eye on it, it should be firm and golden...Here's a better explanation:
http://www.pork.co.nz/HowToCookPerfectPork/GoldenCrispyCrackling.aspx

madelahaye, Oct 14, 3:52am
score it and rub plenty of salt and vinegar into the skin

dorothy_vdh, Oct 14, 6:43am
I pour boiling water over the skin, dry it off, then sprinkle with salt cook in the oven for the first 1/2 hour on a very high heat.
We had roast pork for dinner tonight,lovely crunchy crackling

kiwibubbles, Oct 14, 8:39am
get the pork to room temperature, make sure skin is very dry, score skin and rub salt in it and leave for 30 mins, then pop into a hot oven at 240 celsius for about 30 mins, then turn down

propagator, Oct 15, 3:46am
I buy slabs of skin from the supermarket. It is usually scored but I also score it myself a bit more.Remove most of the fat. Rub a little oil over scored skin then add salt and cook it on high in the George Foreman.Nice to have as nibbles.

ams7, Oct 25, 2:41am
The vinegar & salt method works.

purplegoanna, Oct 25, 2:55am
equal amount of salt & oil mixed together in a cup them rubbed into the skin.....

sultana0, Oct 25, 7:08am
Great way to store up on it cos the cuts you get from the supermarket or butcher never have enough. A restauranteur told me to cook it as per normal like everyone has said, but finish it in the micro when nearly cooked, it puffs up like cheezels. You have to put it in a heat proof dish and cover with paper towels, checking it at 30 second intervals. it gets hot and splatters a lot. Let it cool, drain the lard and cool a bit and enjoy

hoonguek, Oct 26, 1:21am
i get the butcher to score the skin, my knives not sharp enough. wash, pat dry with paper towel, and salt it. i mix my salt with cinnamon - i just love cinnamon. skin side up under high heat until you see the skin crackles. i then turn it over, and reduce temp to about 150 to cook meat through. beautiful.

mammagools, Oct 27, 1:41am
The main trick is to make sure the fat is Dry.so take out of the packaging in the morning to dry out, then score skin, rub oil and salt in place in hot oven to crackle then turn oven down :) yummy

cheese-mike, Oct 27, 1:50am
I don't use any salt or oil.
After my roast is cooked I take the crackling off my roast and put it under the grill until its golden and crunchy.
Its good as you can do it while your roast rests

lythande1, Oct 27, 5:05pm
Keep it away from moisture.
The easiest way is to remove it from the meat and put it on a rack above. No oil, no salt, you don't need to. Watch it though, you don't want to go the other way and burn it.

nahzee, Jun 26, 12:15pm
easy,i buy minz from the local roast shop..$1 for big crunchy slab of it......primo