Prunes wrapped in bacon on toothpick

bandz2, Jan 3, 9:50pm
Can any one tell me do you cook the bacon first or cook the whole thing at once.

kirinesha, Jan 3, 9:50pm
All at once. . .

doug57, Jan 3, 9:57pm
yum!

kirinesha, Jan 3, 10:00pm
Almost as nice as scallops wrapped in bacon. . . .

duckmoon, Jan 3, 10:01pm
On a similar theme, I did dried figs with goats cheese, wrapped in proschuttio. . . (they went down like hot cakes.

doug57, Jan 3, 10:03pm
I'm liking ALL of the above suggestions!

davidt4, Jan 3, 10:03pm
Lychees wrapped in prosciutto are also delicious.

bandz2, Jan 3, 10:55pm
Many thanks roughly how long do they take to cook?

bandz2, Jan 3, 11:59pm
Also where abouts in the supermarket do u get prosiutto? All these great ideas sound yummy. ! ! !

buzzy110, Jan 3, 11:59pm
I used to cook streaky bacon and wrap dates stuffed with cream cheese and a sliver of almond.

fisher, Jan 4, 12:46am
kiri. . . just for you and G
Bacon Wrap Scallops in Bourbon(Scallops en Brochette) . . . . .
. Large scallops required ~ Thin bacon
Ingredients:
1/2 cup red onion, chopped, 2 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp bourbon or more, hic, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 6 slices bacon, 24 scallops
Method:
Mix all well together onion, honey, bourbon and cayenne pepper. Add scallops and mix gently to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 2 - 4 hours.
Thread one end of bacon on a skewer. Place a scallop on top. Fold bacon onto skewer over scallop. Place another scallop and fold bacon again. Continue until bacon is used up. You will use about 6 scallops, depending on size. Place on lightly oiled baking pan or foil.
Put under grill, placed at lowest position. Grill 6- 8 minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning once. Or you may grill on BBQ. I use metal skewers. .

dragonzflame, Jan 4, 12:49am
Yum, Devils on Horseback!

buzzy110, Jan 4, 12:50am
Gosh fisher, was 2 Tblspns all that you had left of the bourbon after tasting it to ensure it was right for the scallops?

stormbaby, Jan 4, 12:55am
Was just thinking the same thing. Yum!

amandaj1, Jan 4, 1:19am
i have had it with banana and bacon too, yum!

kirinesha, Jan 4, 2:18am
Fisher, how convenient. . . I have about 1/3 cup of bourbon left! Will earmark it to try this recipe out, thanks! !

guest, Jan 11, 7:19am
Frankly I think that's abtulosely good stuff.

guest, Jan 13, 1:11pm
These are SUPER cute! LOL! I love them both! The only sentiments I can think of for the soencd card are *You're Super* or *Have a Super Day*, *For a Super Friend*, things like that. Thanks so much for playing along with the challenges! :)

guest, Jan 14, 9:50am
Here's a quick response to a cnelit who was wondering why our tours cost a little more than some. Thanks for your note and sorry for the delay in responding. Here are a few things that make our trips different. 1) four star accommodations, just outside of town with zero road, chicken or other noise ( we seek out the nicest accommodations in town each year the Rebozo is the best that we have found )2) we meet you outside customs and transport you to Valle in our own van with gliders and baggage inside the vehicle many other operators have have people take the bus or ride in a vehicle with bags tied on top3) throughout the week, your gear is transported inside our air conditioned vehicle many other operators use public transportation where they ride in the back of a truck etc.4) we provide coaching on every level during the trip, from launch to landing we coach air to air and have an instructor in the landing area for beginners ( this is actually a huge advantage and a big difference )5) we keep track of our people we don't let anyone go cross country without being close behind, in radio contact with a van en route to the landing area our folks aren't forgotten, don't have to wait and are least likely to have to take a cab6) we provide all the hospitality that you would expect from a premium provider including cold beverages at every step of the way7) our groups are small and usually populated by good natured, well adjusted and courteous fun loving people ( often our dealers/ instructors or repeat customers < people who are just happy to be there ;-) >8) we pride ourselves in taking great pictures and video of our customers to commemorate the trip, provide t shirts or hats and have a lot of laughs9) we are conservative we don't mind telling our cnelits what we think is safe for them even if it means that they don't get to go as big as they could our #1 goal is to get all of our customers back to Mexico City airport in one piece To be fair, our tour is not for everyone. The hotel rooms are every bit of $150 a night so the price is generally up there . There are all sorts of ways to see Valle, ours is very comfortable. Please let us know if you are interested. We will be happy to see you in Mexico either way. CSP.S. we are always available for educational tandems along the way