Looking for a sultana muffin recipe please :)

madison15, Sep 27, 2:13am
My husband loves sultana cake and I'd like to make him some sultana muffins if anyone has a good recipe

korbo, Sep 27, 6:54am
i am not an expert with muffins, but would think that you could use a basic muffin recipe and 1 cup sultanas. I did have a muffin once, where the lady had soaked the sultanas overnight in a bit of rum. they were ever so tasty.

margyr, Sep 27, 7:02am
here is one from another thread, good luck.BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE
INGREDIENTS: 1¾ cups Self Raising Flour 2-3 tablespoons castor sugar 1 egg lightly beaten ¾ cup milk 4 oz butter, melted 1 teaspoon Baking Powder Vanilla Essence METHOD: Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl. Into a small bowl, melt butter, and add milk. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, and mix. Do Not over beat. ¾ fill muffin tins. Bake 400 deg F, or 220 deg C for 10 - 15 minutes, just above middle of oven.

VARIETIES TO TRY: *Add spices (mixed spice, cinnamon) and dried or fresh fruit chopped. *Essences, or lemon or orange juice, and grated peel. *Sprinkle with brown sugar, and cinnamon mixed together. *Add dried fruits, e.g. sultanas, currants, chopped apricots. *Add chopped fresh fruit e.g. apple, banana, apricot, peach, rhubarb, blueberries, raspberries etc.
Quote theanimal1 (73 )10:41 am, Tue 24 Aug #6

madison15, Apr 22, 5:46pm
Thank-you both for your help :)