Page 2 / 3
paghan, Sep 25, 3:49am
Yip just one can :)

turksta3, Sep 25, 3:49am
cheese-mike wrote:
This is AWESOME!
Try it :D
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/03/creamy-lemon-crumb-squares/

This looks yummy, will be making soon, have heaps of lemons to use!!

griffo4, Sep 25, 8:26am
l am going to make this again tomorrow night for a pud and serve with whipped cream on the side it is just so yummy and the first one hasn't lasted and everyone loves it
Thanks cheese-mike

vintagekitty, Sep 25, 9:57am
I just made two, one for us and one to share tomorrow with friends, smells so good, thanks so much #1.

fruitluva2, Sep 25, 10:27am
Totally agree with adding extra lemons I always do so but with the SCMold lemons zest will leave a bitter -tang taste so its best to use new lemons.

vintagekitty, Sep 25, 10:49am
thats really good to know, I have to buy lemons as we cant get them to grow down here, and they are always the smooth skin small lemons.

greerg, Sep 25, 11:57pm
I only had small lemons and I zested three for mine.

fruitluva2, Sep 26, 12:52am
Are they young trees? if so they need loads of watering. I thought I had given sufficient water but some lemons are lacking juiceso it requires more. If you can, freeze water for summer watering, or bury it Lol.

uli, Mar 31, 8:11am
Came across this homemade condensed milk recipe again today, so I will give it a bump :)

wheelmann, Mar 31, 8:14am
Creamed rice.

uli, Apr 2, 8:24am
Here is a big laugh for all low carbers - thanks to bringing this one out of the closet Lux!

Low-carb recipe: sweetened condensed milk
1 cup nonfat dry milk
1/2 cup boiling water
3 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp Stevia

Combine all in a blender. Mix until well-blended. Makes the equivalent of one can of sweetened, condensed milk.

http://blog.yourlighterside.com/2009/05/low-carb-recipe-sweetened-condensed.html

deluxe4u, Sep 21, 11:25pm
Ok, so I have a whole can about to expire, general baking ingredients only available (wish i had some bikkie crumbs to make slice but I don't) Any ideas! or website where I can enter ingredients, I've forgotten where I normally go. Thanks in advance!

ashanti, Sep 21, 11:32pm
Funnily enough, i am in teh same sort of dilemma but with an open can i have just used only 4 tblspns out of it for a neenish slice, thinking caramel slice! with teh rest!

deluxe4u, Sep 21, 11:39pm
I can only find fudge recipes and thats not too healthy for afternoon tea for the kids.

rover48, Sep 21, 11:50pm
I made at the weekend the recipe of the can for Choc Rough slice, haven't made it for years and it is "YUM" nearly all gone by the men in the house.

deluxe4u, Sep 21, 11:58pm
http://www.nestle.co.nz/Recipes/Recipe.htm!r=644

looks lovely but I don't have chocolate!

245sam, Sep 22, 12:02am
deluxe4u and ashanti, have you remembered that sweetened condensed milk can be frozen!

deluxe4u, I'm assuming that your can is not opened, if which case there's no rush for you to use it, it WILL be ok for some time to come, so long as the can is not damaged in any way - the date on the can is not usually a 'Use By' but a 'Best Before' date so it should be ok to wait until you have the biscuits to make the slice.:-))

deluxe4u, Sep 22, 12:12am
Thanks 245sam, but I think I'm going to run with a caramel slice (without the chocolate topping) YUM!

cheese-mike, Sep 22, 2:56am
This is AWESOME!
Try it :D
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/03/creamy-lemon-crumb-squares/

I adore this recipe with condensed milk

juliewn, Sep 22, 3:06am
Hi. if you don't have biscuit crumbs, use crushed cornflakes, weetbix, etc. they work well too.

smileeah, Sep 22, 4:59am
Oh my! That recipe looks delicious. And I love the step by step pics. Thanks for the link, I'll def be making that soon.

greerg, Sep 24, 11:08pm
That's what I'll make!Daughter coming home from uni at Otago tonight and I was wondering what to put in the fridge for when she opensit and asks "What's yummy in here!" - within two minutes of walking in the door.I have a bag of lemons waiting for inspiration.

greerg, Sep 25, 4:29am
Definitely yummy enough!I hope it freezes because I can't have that sitting around once daughter leaves -there's been too much earthquake eating here already. Thanks cheese-mike.

paghan, Sep 25, 8:19am
I made this tonight, It will now be now be a firm favourite. Very yummy

vintagekitty, Sep 25, 8:35am
Did you use the one can of condensed milk, its just the American cans look bigger!