Pork Loin Chops... Help with cooking please...

charlieb2, Feb 23, 5:44am
Hey there. Mr bought some Pork Loin Chops today, massive things they are too! ! ! I'm not really 'into' pork and I'm not sure how best to cook them. Dont want to ruin Mr's favourite meat! ! lol.

Would be grateful for any prep/cooking ideas. . thank you...

valentino, Feb 23, 5:56am
This is beautiful for everyone...

Pork chops with sage

4 pork chops (I quite often take the bigger bone out, allows more to be cooked especially if big chops)

salt and pepper
15 fresh sage leaves
handful flatleaf parsley
2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
2 tbsps pure olive oil
3-4 tbsps plain flour
salt and white pepper
3⁄4 cup dry white wine
mashed kumara or potato and just-boiled broccoli for serving

Cut the fat from the chops, then slice off the skin.
Dice the fat small and put aside.
Score the skin in a diamond pattern and rub a little salt into the top surface.
Cut a slit in the side of each chop, parallel with the chopping board, and slide three sage leaves into each.
Chop the remaining leaves with the parsley and place in a shallow bowl with garlic and olive oil.
Add the chops and turn, pressing the chopped herbs into the surface, and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight if preparing the dish ahead.
To cook the meal, melt the diced fat in a heavy frypan on a low heat and remove the brown bits with a slotted spoon (they make an illicit ‘‘chef’s perk’’).
Place the flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper.
Remove the chops from the marinade and press into the flour.
Cook on both sides in the melted fat until golden, then pour off any excess.
Add the white wine, bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes, or until the chops are very tender, adding more wine if necessary.
While they cook, grill or bake the pork skin to make crackling and prepare the mashed kumara or potato and broccoli.
Place the vegetables on heated plates, add the chops, reduce the sauce a little if necessary and pour over the top.

charlieb2, Feb 23, 6:20am
Oooh that does sound nice valentino. Thank you. No sage though, unfortunately, so might have to copy for next time.

beaker59, Feb 23, 6:24am
I've got sage in my garden Charlie pop around and pick some :)

charlieb2, Feb 23, 7:47am
Thank you for the kind offer beaker... . dinner might be a little late if I took you up on it though! ! !

alewis, Feb 23, 8:07am
snap charlie I have pork loin chops - does anyone know if there is a nice crock pot version, was thinking of the bbq with a bit of soy/honey marinade on top with salad and prob boiled tatties with a bit of butter on them, any other receipe Ideas I am open to suggestions, thanks this is for tomorrow night troops so plenty of time for marinading etc.

245sam, Feb 23, 8:09am
alewis, there are several crockpot recipes for pork chops at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=10&t=196

charlieb2, Feb 23, 9:08am
*stamps feet* 245... why arent you helping me. . I feel... . snubbed!

*PLEASE NOTE THE HUGE WINKY FACE*

nauru, Feb 23, 9:15am
Hi Alewis, This is a lovely Crockpot recipe... . . put crockpot on high while assembling the ingredients.
4 pork chops, 1 lg onion sliced, 2 apples sliced, 1 cup apple juice or white wine or cider. Pinch each sage & thyme. Put chops into a frypan and brown then put into crockpot. Add onion & apples to frypan and brown, add herbs and then add juice or wine to deglaze pan. Put mixture on top of chops in crockpot. Cover & cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. Serve with steamed veges of your choice.

winnie15, Feb 23, 9:19am
lightly flour chops and bake in oven . . works for me everytime.

charlieb2, Feb 23, 8:28pm
bumping for further ideas... . on OVEN cooking...

ani4abuy, Feb 24, 2:20am
Just melt some dripping in an oven dish big enough to take the chops. I always cook them in dripping far nicer flavour but you can use oil if you want. Heat ur oven to about 180 and get the dish nice n hot. Put the chops in, turn after about 5mins. Turn again in about 10mins. Cooking this way keeps them moist and I usually get crackling as an added bonus.

charlieb2, Feb 24, 3:14am
Might try that next time ani4abuy... . wanted something that will keep them moist as Mr will have to reheat his... and I know that pork can dry out quite easily... .

am-trademe, Feb 24, 4:21am
I cook mine in the oven with a sliced onion over the top, and then a can of peaches in fruit juice over the top. Bake in the oven. Sounds weird, but its yum. I use the peach fruit and onion (cooked) to make a salsa type sauce in the blender.

fisher, Feb 24, 4:40am
Ginger Pork Chops
Dredge pork chops in flour seasoned with 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp powdered ginger, salt and pepper.
Fry in butter until golden brown on both sides about 2/3rd done. .
Place in a baking dish and pour over one cup pineapple juice combined with 1 tsp grated ginger, 1/2 tsp paprika, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar and 1 tbsp sugar.
Bake until done. Thicken gravy with a little cornflour.

fisher, Feb 24, 4:41am
Pork Chops BakePre-heat oven to 180C
Ingredients:
4 to 6 pork chops, 2 tbsp vegetable oil, salt and pepper , 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 medium onion, sliced, 3 tbsp tomato sauce, 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce.
Method:
Heat oil in frypan over medium heat and brown pork chops.
Season with salt and pepper. Drain off excess fat.
Combine soup, onion, sauce, and Worcestershire sauce and pour over pork chops.
Cover and bake at 180c for 45 to 60 minutes until chops are tender.

charlieb2, Feb 24, 5:04am
Thanks fisherman... .

They are done and got the 'grunt' of approval from the young 'uns. Guess the oldie will let me know later!

alewis, Sep 5, 10:10pm
lol charlie girl, doesnt take long for those boys to get to the grunt stage, I thought you a couple of more years of conversation left in them! ! - my pork chops have gone into the freezer with hubby not home because he was on a plane, one working etc I didnt want to cook for just 3 of us! !