Pastry....choux... chocolate eclairs... puffs

Page 2 / 2
vashti, Oct 12, 8:06am
Yep, I make cream puffs a lot, and this is the recipe I have worked out too. Exactly the same including temps.The baking sheet helps too.
Edited to say I usually beat the lastegg separately and add a bit at a time sometimes I don't use quite all of the fourth egg. Makes about 15

pickles7, Oct 15, 9:03pm
Eclairs. cream puffs. savoury cases. profriteroles
Boil 620 mils of water, 350 grams of butter, add 450 grams of flour, stiring with a wooden spoon cook untill mixture leaves the side of the pot.cool for 5 minutes.beat in15-16 eggs 1 at a time beating well, after each egg has been added.should be a stiff mix.
eclairs. pipe 6-8cm long .bake 20-30 minutes in a hot oven. do not open the oven door while this mix is cooking. One or two flicks of water onto the trays before baking.
cream puffs. pipe Tblsp size lots.same as eclaires
savoury cases. same as cream puffs.same as eclairs
profriteroles. teaspoon lots.10 -15 minutes.

punkinthefirst, Oct 16, 1:46am
Is that 15-16 eggs! Thats one HELL of a lot of choux paste!

pickles7, Oct 16, 4:25am
Yes that is right. It is a large mixture. they freeze very well. If you get I pencil and draw the number 2 about 10 cm high, imagining a swans neck, that is what you have. Pipe a thin no. 2 on your tray starting at the bottom, so you can get a nice "head'. you will after a few goes have it sorted. They do not take long to cook maybe 10/15 minutes. These can be used in both the puffs and eclaires. You will work it out. great for the little ones. Good luck, enjoy.PS*** great dessert filled with custard, cream, [even broken glass, less fat]fruit , chocolate sauce, make those a little larger.

kvb, Oct 16, 10:11pm
That recipe on Masterchef is on their website
www.masterchef.com.au

lythande1, Oct 17, 1:50am
You can add cheese to the mix, bit of paprika and some crumbled crispy bacon and they make yum snacks. Doesn't always have to be sugary stuff.