Who has the yummiest TRIED & TESTED CHOC MUD CAKE?

Page 1 / 2
bananabear, Sep 2, 11:26pm
I want to make one for my partner for fathers day but ones I have tried in the past arnt as moist as the ones you can buy and can I use whittakers dark cacao choclate block to make it??? :)

crails, Sep 3, 1:02am
I make the one on the Nestle Melts Paket And split in the middle like on the picture and put a layer of ganache

bananabear, Sep 3, 1:06am
sounds good I think I have a pack of those excuse my ignorance but what is ganache?

strange, Sep 3, 1:51am
its a chocolate and cream decadent icing The one on the back of the nestle melts pack is 175g melted chocolate mixed with 1/2 cup cream I think. then leaven in fridge to thicken.

crails, Sep 3, 9:36pm
Don't add too much cream otherwise it doesn't thicken properly

strange, Sep 3, 9:59pm
yeah,, have to admit the ganache didnt go real thick but then again didnt leave it in the fride that long. Maybe 1/3 would be better to try?

bananabear, Sep 4, 12:44am
can you use the milk choc ones I have the recipe from the dark choc one but only got milk choc? or use the whittakers choc maybe?

crails, Sep 4, 1:18am
I've used milk chocolate melts before its been fine, probably 1/4C of cream is what I normally use I heat it in a pot without boiling then add the remaining melts and give it a good stir to get it melting quick

pickles7, Sep 4, 2:35am
o yummm I would start the day with this.... a very personal treat if you have the time.lol.
We love that chocolate mug cake, but I cook it in two little ramikins, and serve it with a little ice cream.
4 Tblsp of plain flour, 3 Tblsp of sugar, 1 Tblsp cocoa, 1 egg, 3 Tblsp milk, 3 Tblsp vege oil, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla, mix. I split this into two portions as we found it a bit rich. Cook in the microwave. mine takes 1 minute only.1000 watt.Enjoy.

paghan, Sep 4, 2:42am
here is my mud cake recipe every time I make it I always get asked for the recipe.
200 grams butter
200 grams Cooking Chocolate
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup hot water
2 tablespoons coffee optional
1 cup plain flour
3/4 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup Cocoa
2 eggs, lightly beaten

rkcroft, Sep 4, 2:43am
This is a great easy mud cake... 250gm butter, 200gm best quality dark chocolate, 2c caster sugar, 1 1/3c water, 1 tsp instant coffee, 3/4c plain flour, 3/4c self raising flour, 1/4c cocoa, 3 eggs lightly beaten. In large saucepan add first 5 ingredients. Melt together over low heat until sugar has dissolved & butter melted. Allow to cool 10mins. Sift in the flours and cocoa. Beat gently. Add the eggs & mix gently. Pour mix into lined 22cm round cake tin. Bake @ 150°C for 1 3/4 hours.Could take up to 2 hours depending on cake tin and oven. Ice with ganache when cold.

paghan, Sep 4, 2:43am
method Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 24cm springform pan.
Place first five ingredients in pan, stir over low heat until sugar has dissolved and mixture is smooth, cool.
Fold in sifted flours, Baking Cocoa and eggs.
Pour mixture into prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour until cooked, cool completely in pan before turning out.

wron, Sep 10, 10:08am
Keeping alive Bump

mybooks, Sep 14, 8:47am
Thanks Strange.

morgana-rose, Sep 14, 11:37am
i tried the boston mud cake at the cheese cake shop about a month or so ago that was sooo nice anyone have that recipe

snowflake11, Sep 18, 7:26am
Bumping `

wron, Sep 24, 8:54am
Back to P1 Bump

wron, Oct 1, 3:55am
Getting a bit close to bottom Bump

bev00, Oct 7, 9:34pm
mudcake bump

strange, Oct 8, 5:52am
I think sophie's grays.. Dana's chocolate cake is the best

It is economical and just as good as a mud cake. Plus easy to make

Dana's chocolate cake

1 2/3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking SODA
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk
100g melted butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 180 C
Grease 20cm diameter ckae tin and line with baking paper

Put all ingredients into a bowl or food processor and mix till combined.

Pour into prepared tin

Bake for 50mins, until the cake rises and springs back when gently pressed and a skewer poked into the centre comes out clean.

Cool
Make frosting

100g butter
250g icing sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
milk to mix
1 tsp vanilla
Put butter, icing sugar and cocoa in food processor, pulse till combined, add milk and pulse, keep adding milk till you have a soft spreadable icing. Add vanilla

Slice cake in half horizontally and spread frosting on bottom half, replace top half and cover whole cake with frosting.

(i have also made it as muffins, baking for approx 10 mins and it works GREAT. I generally put the frosting on them and then freeze and pull out as required!)

kylie_m, Oct 8, 5:54am
Don't suppose anyone has Sophie Gray's caramel and chocolate mud cake recipe?

bananabear, Sep 2, 11:26pm
I want to make one for my partner for fathers day but ones I have tried in the past arnt as moist as the ones you can buy and can I use whittakers dark cacao choclate block to make it! :)

bananabear, Sep 3, 1:06am
sounds good I think I have a pack of those excuse my ignorance but what is ganache!

crails, Sep 3, 9:36pm
Don't add too much cream otherwise it doesn't thicken properly

strange, Sep 3, 9:59pm
yeah,, have to admit the ganache didnt go real thick but then again didnt leave it in the fride that long. Maybe 1/3 would be better to try!