Who has the yummiest TRIED & TESTED CHOC MUD CAKE?

Page 2 / 2
bananabear, Sep 4, 12:44am
can you use the milk choc ones I have the recipe from the dark choc one but only got milk choc! or use the whittakers choc maybe!

crails, Sep 4, 1:18am
I've used milk chocolate melts before its been fine, probably 1/4C of cream is what I normally use I heat it in a pot without boiling then add the remaining melts and give it a good stir to get it melting quick

pickles7, Sep 4, 2:35am
o yummm I would start the day with this. a very personal treat if you have the time.lol.
We love that chocolate mug cake, but I cook it in two little ramikins, and serve it with a little ice cream.
4 Tblsp of plain flour, 3 Tblsp of sugar, 1 Tblsp cocoa, 1 egg, 3 Tblsp milk, 3 Tblsp vege oil, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla, mix. I split this into two portions as we found it a bit rich. Cook in the microwave. mine takes 1 minute only.1000 watt.Enjoy.

rkcroft, Sep 4, 2:43am
This is a great easy mud cake. 250gm butter, 200gm best quality dark chocolate, 2c caster sugar, 1 1/3c water, 1 tsp instant coffee, 3/4c plain flour, 3/4c self raising flour, 1/4c cocoa, 3 eggs lightly beaten. In large saucepan add first 5 ingredients. Melt together over low heat until sugar has dissolved & butter melted. Allow to cool 10mins. Sift in the flours and cocoa. Beat gently. Add the eggs & mix gently. Pour mix into lined 22cm round cake tin. Bake @ 150°C for 1 3/4 hours.Could take up to 2 hours depending on cake tin and oven. Ice with ganache when cold.

bev00, Sep 14, 9:50am
anyone for mudcake!

arl5, Sep 14, 9:54am
ok
250 grams butter 250 grams sugar 3 cups self raising flour vanilla 3 eggs 4 heapet desert spoons cocoa dash milk
mix together well in a bowl and pour in to a lined tim bake for 30 min on 180 . simple and rich . use a ganash to coat when cool

mackenzie2, Sep 14, 9:28pm
I got this receipe of TM and have made it alot, it is just lovely

Coca Cola Fudge Cake

1 3/4 C Flour
2 C Brown Sugar
3/4 C Cocoa
2 t baking Soda
1 t baking powder
dash salt
2 eggs
1/2 C oil
1 C Cola
1 C of Buttermilk (I actually use trim Milk and it works)
1 t vanilla
Sift all dry ingredients into mixing bowl
Add wet and beat on medium to high speed till combined. Make sure you line you tin with gladbake if the tin is spring form as this is a very wet mix.
But being such a wet mix its is a moist almost mud cake texture. In fact we used to wholesale it as mud cake.
Bake in 9 x 13 Inch cake tin at 350 F or until prong comes out clean.

bev00, Sep 15, 11:41am
too good to lose to the ether.

marcs, Sep 15, 12:59pm
This one here. Tried and tested and very light moist and yummy. I use 125g whittikars 72% and 125g Milk Choc. You can use all dark as well but I find it too strong.

http://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/2006/07/chocolate-mud-cake-recipe.html

kjr64, Sep 15, 10:00pm
How long do you need to cook your cake for Mackenzie2!

mackenzie2, Sep 16, 1:44am
Bake in 9 x 13 Inch cake tin at 180*C or until prong comes out clean. about 1 hour to 1 hr10mins.
But keep checking it, The mixture is really really runny when you put it into the tin, but bakes to a nice texture.
I have been playing around with this, as I need something for a function we have coming up, after the cake has cooled, remove paper and put back into tin, spread a generous amount of berry sauce, smooth top, Beat in mixer 1 cup of cream, half cup of milk and a pkt of chocolate mousse mix, spread on top and let set, cuts really well and is delish with a blob of thickened cream

donna_jo29, Sep 16, 6:01am
i use the $2 cake packets from countdown, i have been baking cakes for 3 years, and these are the best you dont need to add sugar. and just layer it with chocolate ganache. i use about 200grms of chocolate and just about 1/3-1/2 cup of cream.

bexta021, Sep 17, 2:20am
What do you think would be the best chocolate to use for a mud cake!

marcs, Sep 17, 4:43am
I use whittikars either use 50% or use half and half of 72% and milk choc. I find using 72% on its own makes it too rich.

miffycat1, Sep 20, 5:30am
Can anyone please post thisrecipe from Sophie Gray !

willyow, Sep 20, 5:43am
Note - Dutch cocoa and real vanilla extract make it better!

DANA'S CHOCOLATE CAKE from Destitute Gourmet by Sophie Gray
Very moist cake, freezes well, either process in food processor or put all in
bowl and beat together.
1 & 2/3 c flour
1 & 1/2 t baking soda
1 & 1/2 c sugar
2/3 c cocoa powder
1 t salt
1 & 1/2 c milk
100g butter, melted
2 eggs
1 t vanilla essence
Oven at 180 C, grease a 20cm loose-bottom cake tin and line bottom - it is a very liquid mix and you don't want it to leak! Put all ingredients into
processor and mix until smooth. Pour into tin, bake 50 min to 1 hour, check if done with skewer.
Can make double mix, put some in muffin tins (24) and rest of mix in cake tin. Muffins will take about 15 min to bake.
Can ice with Vienna icing, chocolate ganache or just dust with icing sugar.

carpman, Sep 20, 7:12am
I couldn't find a Sophie Gray mud cake but found this from her instead.

Caramello Brownie

Easy to make, and awfully good, lovers of the chocolate caramel combo will go weak at the knees. Serve cold as a sweet treat or warmed with ice cream as an after dinner delight.

150 g butter
3 eggs
1 ½ cups sugar
150 g dark chocolate
¼ cup cocoa
¾ cup flour
1 tsp vanilla essence

For the caramel
55 g butter
3/4 cup condensed milk
1 tbsp golden syrup

Preheat oven to 180°
Line a sponge roll tin with non stick baking paper.
In a medium saucepan melt 150 g butter. Stir in the sugar then remove from the heat and add the chocolate and vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time then sift in the flour and cocoa mixing well after each addition.
In a small saucepan melt the 55 g butter with the condensed milk and syrup. When melted and combined remove from the heat and pour into a jug.
Pour some of the chocolate mixture into a greased sponge roll tin then alternately pour in some of the caramel mixture, so the two are randomly spread about the tin. Use a meat skewer to swirl the caramel into the chocolate mix.
Bake at 180° for around 30 minutes. A knife inserted into the cake should come out clean but the texture should still be slightly fudgey. Allow to cool before cutting.

strange, Oct 9, 5:52am
I think sophie's grays. Dana's chocolate cake is the best

It is economical and just as good as a mud cake. Plus easy to make

Dana's chocolate cake

1 2/3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking SODA
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk
100g melted butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 180 C
Grease 20cm diameter ckae tin and line with baking paper

Put all ingredients into a bowl or food processor and mix till combined.

Pour into prepared tin

Bake for 50mins, until the cake rises and springs back when gently pressed and a skewer poked into the centre comes out clean.

Cool
Make frosting

100g butter
250g icing sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
milk to mix
1 tsp vanilla
Put butter, icing sugar and cocoa in food processor, pulse till combined, add milk and pulse, keep adding milk till you have a soft spreadable icing. Add vanilla

Slice cake in half horizontally and spread frosting on bottom half, replace top half and cover whole cake with frosting.

(i have also made it as muffins, baking for approx 10 mins and it works GREAT. I generally put the frosting on them and then freeze and pull out as required!)

kylie_m, Oct 9, 5:54am
Don't suppose anyone has Sophie Gray's caramel and chocolate mud cake recipe!