Creme brulee recipe

angie461, Sep 13, 10:15am
Ihave never made this before but need to make it for a few people. Ay tried and true recipe?

pickles7, Sep 13, 10:20am
putCreme bruleein as the key word,anytime, for the date posted. You may find what you are looking for there.

unknowndisorder, Sep 13, 10:21am
Here you go. its not as hard as you think. You can always do cream catalan which is from Spain and more simple again. I have a recipe of you would like it.

800ml cream
1 vanilla bean, split, scraped
10 egg yolks
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar, extra

Combine cream and vanilla bean in a medium saucepan and bring just to a boil. Leave to infuse 15 minutes.

Meanwhile lightly beat egg yolks and sugar together until well combined. Strain infused cream over yolk mixture and whisk briefly to blend.

Return cream and egg mixture to same cleaned saucepan and stir over very low heat until custard thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Pour into eight ½ cup ramekins and refrigerate, covered, about 4 hours or until set.

Just before serving remove from fridge and sprinkle surface of each brulee evenly with caster sugar. Using a blow-torch,caremelise the tops.
Allow to cool 5 minutes and serve, or leave, uncovered and un-refrigerated in a cool place no more than 4 hours or until ready to serve (refrigerating at this point will encourage the crisp caramel layer to melt).
Quote cookessentials (1089 )3:06 pm, Wed 12 May #2

unknowndisorder, Sep 13, 10:22am
As Pickles said though, do a search - that was just one of many recipes, but I saw you'd never made it and C.E. mentioned easy ;)

angie461, Sep 13, 9:32pm
Thankyou, that gives me an idea of quantities as well, if that amount serves eight. I wouldlike the Spanish recipe as well.I have looked up a few recipes, do you know why you need to put them through a strainer?

pickles7, Sep 13, 11:41pm
makes sure there are no umbilical cords or shell in your creation. You tube will be of great help to you. Watch it all happen. good luck , enjoy

davidt4, Mar 17, 1:02pm
Pouring the custard through a sieve also removes large air bubbles created when beating the mixture.This results in a nice smooth texture and surface.