Help re creme brulee

macaroni.pony, Apr 4, 11:31pm
So I started making creme brulee and have just realised I have no ramekins or similar. Stupid thing to not have thought of before starting! Anyway, my question is, despite it being a little strange, do you think it would be okay to put the misture in one larger bowl and once its done, divide it like a family dessert? I know it wouldnt quite be the same, but i dont have much choice at the moment!

pickles7, Apr 5, 12:01am
use cups.

angel21_01, Apr 5, 8:19am
you can do either put in one large bowl or cups

macaroni.pony, Apr 5, 11:31pm
So I started making creme brulee and have just realised I have no ramekins or similar. Stupid thing to not have thought of before starting! Anyway, my question is, despite it being a little strange, do you think it would be okay to put the misture in one larger bowl and once its done, divide it like a family dessert! I know it wouldnt quite be the same, but i dont have much choice at the moment!

unicstudent, Apr 5, 11:42pm
I am sure you will have solved your problem by now, but for another time: making them in flat desert type plates is often favoured in restaurants now because you get so much surface area for the lovely crunchy toffee topping!! :) So don't worry about not having the ramekins. Also I agree that cups would be fine, and I think they look attractive for serving desserts too. I hope yours worked well however you made them :)

unicstudent, Apr 6, 11:42pm
I am sure you will have solved your problem by now, but for another time: making them in flat desert type plates is often favoured in restaurants now because you get so much surface area for the lovely crunchy toffee topping! :) So don't worry about not having the ramekins. Also I agree that cups would be fine, and I think they look attractive for serving desserts too. I hope yours worked well however you made them :)