Creme Brulee

waswoods, Aug 19, 6:58am
I did a search and NO recipes for this! Does anyone have a good recipe please!

malcovy, Aug 19, 7:11am
Look up cream brulee and try for last year.

babytears, Aug 19, 7:16am
Can you add things to the brulee, like raspberries etc.!

ibcreative, Aug 19, 7:50am
I did a search for creme brulee, changed it to last year and got heaps of threads.

joybelle1, Aug 19, 10:30am
Yum - creme brulee.

solar_gal, Aug 19, 10:48am
I use a good recipe of Alison Holst's and have made is several times. http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/563687/Holsts-recipe-for-creme-brulee

I tried adding raspberries last time I made this recipe and it didn't work so well, but they were frozen.

seniorbones, Aug 19, 11:05am
I have a lime and ginger one I want to try, and I'm sure I had a recipe which had raspberries in it but dont know where that is, just plain is yummy!

bill241, Aug 19, 11:18am
My mum makes good creme brulee, she sometimes chucks some raspberries in and they float on the top and get set in the custard, then get some of the caramel on them when the tops are done, sooo good.

cookessentials, Aug 19, 9:17pm
This is the one I use. You can do fruits on the side if you wish. I have a cream brulee set which comes with the ramekins,deep dish and a frame which pops on to the dish and holds each ramekin in place. I use a cooks blow torch to caramelise the top.

600ml cream
vanilla pod, split, scraped
6 egg yolks
55g caster sugar
caster sugar, for brulee topping

Preheat oven to 160;Cor 140C- fan-forced. Put kettle on to boil.

Combine cream and vanilla pod in a medium saucepan. Bring just to a boil, before removing from the heat.

Meanwhile, beat yolks and sugar together in large bowl until well combined. Pour warm milk over yolk mixture, stirring continuously.

Strain mixture into a medium jug; remove any bubbles from the surface using a slotted spoon. Pour into four 3/4 cup ramekins. Place in deep baking dish. Gently transfer to preheated oven, before pouring boiling water into the baking dish to come half way up the sides of the ramekins. Bake 20-25 minutes or until desserts are lightly set with a distinct wobble in the centre. Remove from baking dish and refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or until very cold.

To brulee the desserts: evenly sprinkle each dessert with approximately 2 teaspoons caster sugar. Light blow torch, and gently caramelise sugar to create a hard caramel layer. Take care not to burn the sugar. Alternatively, place cold water and ice in the baking dish and preheat the grill to its hottest setting. Sprinkle desserts with sugar; grill, 5-10 minutes or until sugar is evenly caramelised. Watch carefully to ensure the sugar does not burn. It is somewhat easier to use a blowtorch.
Let the desserts stand a little while before serving so you dont burn your lips on the hot topping.

illusion_, Aug 20, 1:41am
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=b_16ZZtTH_Y

follow the easy steps and it's perfect every time

noelee, Aug 20, 2:31am
This is a Jo Seagers cheats Creme Brulee its so good . The recipe is make up a custard pour into ramekinsand freeze. In a saucepan add 1 cuo of sugar with 1/2 cup water. Swirl around till sugar dissolves. Boil till it starts to caramelise and changes colour. Spoon onto frozen custard in ramekins. Place into the fridge.

waswoods, Aug 20, 6:49am
Thank you all

solar_gal, Aug 20, 10:48am
I use a good recipe of Alison Holst's and have made is several times. http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/563687/Holsts-recipe-for-creme-brulee

I tried adding raspberries last time I made this recipe and it didn't work so well, but they were frozen.

seniorbones, Aug 20, 11:05am
I have a lime and ginger one I want to try, and I'm sure I had a recipe which had raspberries in it but dont know where that is, just plain is yummy!

patsprat, Aug 21, 12:18am
Rhubarb cooked in 'batons' is nice under the custard in a creme brulee.
Bake the rhubarb in the oven with sugar but no water rather than boiling it,
won't be so 'mushy' and you get the most beautiful, flavourful clear pink juice which you can use elsewhere.

illusion_, Aug 21, 1:41am
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=b_16ZZtTH_Y

follow the easy steps and it's perfect every time

patsprat, Aug 22, 12:18am
Rhubarb cooked in 'batons' is nice under the custard in a creme brulee.
Bake the rhubarb in the oven with sugar but no water rather than boiling it,
won't be so 'mushy' and you get the most beautiful, flavourful clear pink juice which you can use elsewhere.