A recipe from Master chef help please

anne1955, Sep 9, 7:21am
Did anyone get a recipe a week or so agao from master chef AU for there donuts?Thanks

cookessentials, Sep 9, 7:23am
Were they the jam donuts with lavender sugar?

cookessentials, Sep 9, 7:26am
440ml milk
100g unsalted butter, softened
75g caster sugar
4 eggs
20g fresh yeast
4 cups (600g), plain flour
Vegetable oil, for deep frying
200g raspberry jam
clotted cream, to serve

2 tsp lavender flowers
100g caster sugar

Method officially tested

Step 1: Heat milk in a saucepan until tepid (37°C on a thermometer). Whisk in the butter, caster sugar and eggs. Place the yeast into a bowl and about ½ cup of the milk mixture. Break up the yeast with your hands to form a smooth paste. Transfer to the milk mixture, whisking to combine. Combine flour and ½ teaspoon of salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Gradually pour in the milk mixture, whisking until smooth. Cover and set aside in a warm place to prove for 45 minutes - 1 hour.

Step 2: Meanwhile, for the lavender sugar, combine lavender flowers with sugar in a large bowl, rub together with your hands until flowers are bruised. Set aside for 15-20 minutes to infuse.

Step 3: Pour oil into a saucepan until one-third full. Heat over medium-high heat until 165°C. Spoon donut mixture into 4cm round balls into the hot oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden and cooked through. Remove, drain on paper towel, then toss in the lavender sugar.

Step 4: Spoon jam in a small piping bag with a 5mm straight-edged nozzle. Push nozzle into the centre of each donut and pipe enough jam to fill.

Step 5: Serve donuts with clotted cream.

nfh1, Sep 9, 7:41am
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm clotted cream.

wellyamerican, Sep 9, 7:45am
I have made those several times since I saw it on the show, they are now a family fav....so yummy

anne1955, Sep 9, 8:49am
Thanks knew some treasure of a person would have it..I tried to write it but missed I think some things and yes the lavender sugar..yummy can't wait to make them...I actually brought my Grand-daughter a donut maker and have to say they turn out yummy little donuts but they live in AU so don't get the pleasure anymore :) Thanks people

cookessentials, Sep 9, 8:52am
They havea website Anne, but I did not want to direct you there because you may not want to know who won.

245sam, Sep 9, 8:56am
anne1955, if you don't mind finding out who wins and is the new MasterChef Australia, for recipes, etc. have a look at:-

http://www.masterchef.com.au/recipes.htm

martine5, Sep 9, 9:52am
I've never been into clotted cream it smells a couple of degrees away from cream that is off.What I miss from OZ is King Island Double Cream yummo!!

cookessentials, Sep 9, 9:34pm
Clotted cream is beautiful with warm buttermilk scones and fresh strawberry jam.

squeakygirl, Sep 10, 12:16am
Did anyone get the recipe for the sauce the chef made for the marron last night?

sumstyle, Sep 10, 1:35am
that ginger chilli one?

sumstyle, Sep 10, 4:17am
cos I have that one on tape and I can replay it to get the measurements/ingredients for you...

ttwisty, Sep 10, 6:48am
thanks sumstyle that would be nice of you

sumstyle, Sep 10, 7:54am
1 red chilli, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
5cm piece ginger, roughly chopped
3 green onions, chopped
2 stalks fresh coriander, leaves and roots, roughly chopped

Process those ingredients until roughly chopped then add these next ingredients until well mixed.
100ml light soy sauce
100ml mirin
50ml white wine
30ml sesame oil
75ml sweet chilli sauce

squeakygirl, Sep 12, 4:03am
Thank you sumstyle, that's the one I wanted. Isn't this a wonderful place!!

sumstyle, Sep 12, 7:58am
Something good to come out of the earthquake - I've had a lot of time on my hands!

winnie15, Sep 12, 8:01am
where do you get fresh yeast from?
and what is clotted cream?
TIA

nainmary, Sep 12, 9:18am
Did anyone happen to get the pizza dough recipe from master chef?
I have been hunting for it but no joy.I only have dial up makes hunting for anything frustrating.Ihave a good dough recipe so wonder if one is better than the other? Thanks in advance.I want to try the donuts but don't know if I would like lavender sugar??????? Hope to hear from someone.

anne1955, Sep 16, 7:30am
Fresh yeast can be got at local supermarket some sell it in there chillers we are a country one and I just asked at my supermarket bakery and they are happy to sell me what I need amount wise, as for clotted cream it's a double thick cream personally I just use whipped cream if that what I want but these where served with it rather than in them in them they poked a whole and filled with jam using a piping bag to make the hole and put in the jam.Lavender sugar if worried make cinimon sugar instead lavender sugar is nice but I gues and acquired taste like many thinkg make a wee bit and try it..then you could use vinallia (sp) sugar made with sticks of it and sugar castor...yummy..thanks people love this part of the board :)

sumstyle, Sep 16, 10:09am
nainmary - from the Masterchef site, this is their "basic pizza dough" recipe.

Ingredients

400ml lukewarm water
14g fresh yeast or 1 x 7g sachet of dried yeast
15g caster sugar
700g “00” flour, plus extra for dusting
30g gluten flour, optional
30g table salt
60ml extra virgin olive oil
50ml milk

sumstyle, Mar 24, 10:56am
Method:

14g fresh yeast or 1 x 7g sachet of dried yeast
15g caster sugar
700g “00” flour, plus extra for dusting
30g gluten flour, optional
30g table salt
60ml extra virgin olive oil
50ml milk
Save to Cookbook
Method officially tested

Step 1: Add 2 tablespoons of the water to the yeast and massage it into a paste with your fingers. Add the remaining water and the sugar and stir to combine.

Step 2: Tip flour, gluten if using, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer with the dough hook attached. Turn mixer onto low speed and add yeast mixture. Let it mix for 2 minutes until the dough comes together. Add oil and milk and mix for another 4 minutes until smooth and elastic.

Step 3: Lightly dust a clean work surface with flour. Remove dough from the mixer, scraping the dough hooks. Knead the dough for a couple of minutes, dusting with more flour when necessary. Shape the dough into a ball.

Step 4: Lightly dust a clean chopping board or baking sheet with flour. Place the dough on the board and cover with a clean tea towel and leave in a warm, draught-free place to prove for 10-15 minutes.

Step 5: Cut the dough into 120g portions and roll into balls. Cover with the tea towel and set aside on the floured board to rise for a further 30 minutes or doubled in size