Top Chef

Page 1 / 2
raewyn64, Jul 29, 7:43am
from TV3 website
Please note: After 3 episodes this series of Top Chef has performed to very low viewership in the ratings. Unfortunately this has meant we could no longer keep it on air. We apologise to fans of the show for taking it off air mid season, it will return to TV3 later in the year.

cap, Jul 29, 7:55am
Not happy!

bedazzledjewels, Jul 29, 8:14am
How amazing!

meegs35, Jul 29, 8:35am
Unbelievable! ! ! They take it off for low viewership ratings (but I have NEVER known anyone with a peoplemeter thing), then they do it midseason and then they replace it with reruns of Grand Designs! ! The cheek of them. This is the only proper cooking competition show with real chefs. I'm very disappointed!

r123l, Jul 29, 9:25am
Thanks for starting this thread were about to ring up tv3. How bloody rude of them.

nfh1, Jul 29, 9:35am
I emailed them and got the following response -

Thank you for your email,

Unfortunately, due to the poor performance of the first 3 episodes, Top
Chef has been removed from its Thursday 7. 30pm time slot. TV3 will look
at bringing the show back, hopefully in a more effective position later
in the year, at this stage however a new slot has yet to be decided.

Sorry I don't have more detailed information for you at this stage.

Not as sorry as I was - to see yet another Grand Designs repeat, much as I love GDs there is a limit as to how many times I want to watch the same house being built.

sumstyle, Jul 29, 7:26pm
I went to the tv3 Facebook page and left messages there - lots of feedback for them there last night

red2, Jul 29, 10:39pm
what a shame . Thursdays will now become like the rest of the week where our TV stays off due to the trivial we are being fed now with programming

somersetting, Jul 30, 2:19am
I am so peeved... ...

jmonster, Jul 30, 6:50am
same same same! This whole situation is stink.

lil_miss_haley, Jul 30, 8:41am
I'm not impressed, I love top chef!

caspa007, Aug 2, 4:43am
It looks like the many complaints to TV3 did the trick.

This is taken from TV3's Facebook page. .

"ATTENTION: Top Chef fans!
It is with pleasure we advise Top Chef will return to 3 in the brand new timeslot of Saturday 7. 30pm from the 4/9. "

raewyn64, Aug 2, 5:47am
Well so they should - enough people complaining has worked :) Maybe they need to check who they are getting their statistics from on numbers watching it.

juliewn, Aug 2, 6:25am
Great news Caspa. . :-) Good for them for listening. . now what's gone from 7. 30pm Saturday's! !

Just checked. . it's Grand Designs sister programme about Landscaping. .

juliewn, Aug 2, 6:26am
I wonder how much Trademe has an effect on things like this - there have been a number of threads about this, with many of us emailing TV3. . whatever it is. . good on TV3 for listening. .

meegs35, Aug 2, 6:26am
Fantastic! I quite like that it's on Saturday as there is never anything to watch then anyway!

deus701, Aug 2, 6:49am
Bring back Iron Chef!

cap, Aug 2, 9:50pm
Yeah! And yes Saturday does tend to be a boring TV night. I'd like to say I am out partying every Saturday but I'm not so I appreciate something good to watch lol!

red2, Aug 2, 10:04pm
awesome ! !

spotswood, Aug 5, 2:29am
Good to see it's coming back! They were stupid to put it against coro st and Police 10 7. it used to be on at 8. 30 last series too. i'll still have to tape it , as there's usually rugby on sat nites! !

nfh1, Sep 25, 8:31am
It is going off air again until 16th and then on the afternoons!

uli, Sep 25, 9:34am
So whats up with you people?
You need to watch it - if you want to keep it LOL :)

nfh1, Sep 25, 9:35am
I watched it - honestly!

unknowndisorder, Sep 25, 9:44am
I give up with it. It's pretty crap, and Saturday's at 4 are dumb. I could change the recorder, but think it's time to say goodbye. None of the contestants really inspire me.
Prime & TV1 will keep me entertained.

nfh1, Sep 25, 9:46am
Yes that is true - there is no-one I want to win - they seem to show little cooking now.