What can i do with beef mince?

madeley, Sep 3, 2:41am
Argh...am so sick of nachos, bolognaise, shepherds pie and lasagna.Any other ideas for mince please that is easy and tasty.

sting9, Sep 3, 3:19am
Baked Beef Patties

500g Mince
1cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 onion
1 egg
Salt & Pepper to taste

SAUCE:
1 Tbs worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs vinegar
2 Tbs fruit chutney
1 Tbsp tomato sauce
5 Tsps brown sugar
1 Cup beef stock (I use maggi)
FOR BAKING
Slices of Tomatoe
Grated cheese
Extra pepper

Make the patties using the first 5 ingredients and place in a large shallow ovenproof dish. Mix the sauce ingredients together and pour over the patties. Cover with cling wrap and chill for 1hour.
Turn the patties over and bake without a lid at 180c for 30mins.
Remove dish from oven and put a slice of tomato and some grated cheese on each one, season with extra pepper and bake for a further 20mins.
I pour the juice into a pot and thicken it as a gravy .

This changes as I use different chutneys.

litedelites, Sep 3, 3:33am
How about looking up a Alison Holst recipe - that has mince, gratedapple and cheese in a pie.Sounds strange, but is nice.I will try and remember to look it up if you cant find, regards T

bricksaw, Sep 3, 3:36am
Yes the other day we made gaint patties and put into burger buns with lettuce tomato cheese etc and they were so filling and yummy, we wanted another one,mrs bricksaw

litedelites, Sep 3, 3:40am
Yes, burgers are a great idea, we make all sorts and top with many thinks, incl mushrooms, onions, cambert or brie cheese

madeley, Sep 3, 3:53am
mmm i do have some buns...thanks for the ideas; will do burgers.

cookessentials, Sep 3, 4:09am
Have bumped the "meat" thread as there are a few good recipes using mince including bolognaise, crofters pie, chilli con carne etc.

ruby19, Feb 23, 5:03pm
Koftas, meatloaf, instead of nachos make a tortilla stack, making the mexican mince then layering it between tortillas with sprinkling of cheese in each layer. Just make up in a round cake tin that has quite high sides.