375g pasta of your choice
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 clove of crushed garlic
6 large mushrooms sliced thinly
3 rashers of grilled bacon, chopped coarsely
200ml cream
1/4 cup chopped parsley, approx
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan, approx

Heat a little olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook chicken 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Cut into small pieces.

Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pan of boiling salted water until al dente; drain.

Add a little extra oil to the same frying pan that you cooked the chicken in. Cook onion, garlic and mushrooms until golden brown and tender.

Add chicken, bacon and cream to the onion mixture; bring to a simmer. Add pasta and stir over medium heat until heated through. Stir through chopped parsley and parmesan as desired

cookessentials, Aug 18, 4:40am
Roast Chicken & Thyme Pasta Bake

250g penne pasta, cooked
1 cup cream
1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup thyme leaves
2 cups grated cheddar or tasty cheese
2 cups shredded cooked roast chicken or barbecue chicken
250g fresh ricotta cheese, crumbled
3 cups chopped roasted pumpkin
salt and pepper, to taste
180g tub baby bocconcini
extra sprigs of thyme, to garnish
mixed salad, to serve

Preheat oven 180C / 160C (fan forced)

Cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until just tender. Drain well.

Place cream, onion and thyme in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil and then set aside for 2 minutes to infuse.

Combine warm pasta and cream mixture in a large bowl; mix with half of the cheese, chicken, ricotta and pumpkin. Season with salt and pepper.

Pour mixture into a large round or rectangular oven-proof dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese and bocconcini.

Cook for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and top is golden brown.

cookessentials, Aug 27, 8:22am
Up for my Orzo pasta recipe, like all the ones I post.tried,tested and a number of them, my own or a family recipe

holly-rocks, Aug 28, 2:05am
That Orzo pasta recipe sounds amazing thank you! hot smoked salmon is one of my fav things in the world!

cookessentials, Aug 28, 3:03am
You will love it holly-rocks

cookessentials, Sep 8, 9:10am
bumping up for pasta recipes

babytears, Sep 8, 9:21am
Smoked Chicken Pasta. AKA once in a blue moon.

1 smoked chicken diced (I remove most of the skin)
2 courgettes
1 red pepper
a splash of oil
fettucine pasta
500ml cream !
Parmessan approx 100g - I buy the finely grated/powdery type

Cook thefettucine, drain.

I use my electric wok for this dish, but can use a large frying pan. A splash of oil into the pan add sliced courgettes and pepper, cooked until soft and slightly browned. Add smoked chicken and heat through, add the cream and bring to simmering stage, add cooked pasta and parmessan. Heat through until the sauce thickens, serve. nice with ciabatta and salad on the side - very rich. for us we have it once in a blue moon!

frances1266, Sep 8, 8:39pm
This is really simple and delicious.Cook spaghetti, drain, add olive oil in which garlic has been simmered and drained, chilli flakes and salt.
It is a traditional Italian dish called Aglio Olio (or something similar).
Cheap and delicious.

cookessentials, Dec 23, 5:49am
Bumping up for someone wanting pasta recipes

cookessentials, Feb 12, 9:41pm
The roast chicken and thyme pasta bake is delicious. Took it to a pot luck dinner and it was a hit.

cookessentials, Feb 26, 12:50am
Bumping up for someone wanting pasta bake recipes. No tuna one here, but you could substitute one of the other ingredients for the tuna.

ruby19, Feb 26, 1:54am
Vegetable pasta sauce 

2 red peppers , quartered and deseeded
 2 tbsp olive oil 
1 fennel bulb, roughly chopped
 1 onion , roughly chopped
 1 large carrot , roughly chopped 
2 garlic cloves , crushed 
¼ tsp crushed chillies 
1 tsp fennel seeds 
2 tbsp tomato puree 
400g can chopped tomatoes 
600ml vegetable stock 
1 tsp caster sugar
 A small handful basil , leaves shredded 
500g bag fresh egg pasta 

Heat the grill and pop the peppers, skin-side up, underneath for 10 mins or until beginning to char. Transfer to a bowl, cover and set aside. When cool enough to handle, peel off the skin and cut the flesh into strips.Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the fennel, onion and carrot for 8-10 mins until softened. Stir in the garlic, crushed chillies, fennel seeds and tomato purée, cook for 2 mins, then add the canned tomatoes, stock and sugar. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 mins or until the vegetables are completely soft.Take out a couple of spoonfuls of the sauce (this will later add texture), then blend the rest in the saucepan until almost smooth with a stick blender. Simmer for 5 mins to thicken, then stir in the reserved sauce, shredded basil and peppers. Serve with the pasta.

Use as sauce for a pasta bake, and you could add some chicken to sauce.

jennyfenny1, Feb 26, 2:53am
Sorry this is not an exact recipe but its one I make often (without much measuring!) and it always works out great.

Spinach & Cottage Cheese Cannelloni

Filling:
Packet of frozen spinach (or use fresh if you have it)
Finely chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, or more if you want :)
Big pottle of cottage cheese
1 egg
Plenty of Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper

Steam or saute the onion and garlic, and thaw spinach in microwave. When it has cooled a bit, put in a food processor with the remaining ingredients and whiz until all combined but not completely paste-like. Sometimes I will add a dollop or two of pesto instead of the parmesan or after blending you can add some crumbled feta.

Stuff the mixture into the cannelloni - it is a bit messy but it doesn't take too long once you get the hang of it. And then. Follow the directions on the packet! Haha The rest is very straight forward : half pasta sauce in dish, place canellonni, pour other half over and bake. I sprinkle with cheese half way through baking, and finish off under the grill. Seriously the packet makes it so easy - the key is just getting a nice filling mixture.