Just bought a MODERN ITALIA pasta maker

firecentaurr, Jul 2, 3:01am
Bought it off here and saw that this pasta maker didn't come with any recipe for making pasta dough?Just wondering if anyone got a favourite pasta dough that works well for them :O)And what did you use for drying them? *thinking noodles type pasta*I saw these pasta drying stands and they're about $75!They look pretty good though, extremely handy for the job needed but.....hmm lol.I think I'll use my cloth airer for that sort of thing....
right!Recipes can I please copies someone's recipe please :O)

jillian21, Jul 2, 3:07am

nauru, Jul 2, 5:26am
I use 1 egg to each cup of flour and 1/4 teasp salt.I mix mine in the food processor and then knead it until smooth. Cover & let it stand for 30 minutes before putting through the machine.Yes, I agree about the pasta drying rack but I refused to pay that amount of money for something so simple. A cheaper option is one of those 3 bar tea towel racks that fold back to the wall when not in use.

pom-pom, Jul 2, 5:40am
I make Gluten free pasta.The recipe is easy to make but you do need a food processor. Combine 2/3 cup brown rice flour plus 1/3 cup tapioca flour, 1/2 tsp xanthan gum, 1/2 tsp good salt - blitz this dry together in processor to combine. In a separate jug whisk together 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp water. Pour in slowly until the dough is formed. You may not have to use all the wet ingredients. If it gets a bit too wet add a tsp or two more of the brown rice flour and process again. Dust with rice flour to kep it from sticking

lythande1, Jul 2, 8:58pm
That's what I do, mix in a bowl, tip out and mix a bit more until a smooth ball.

firecentaurr, Jul 3, 10:44pm
oh blow!I will have to get myself a processor!That's something I don't have at the moment :?Or I could do what Jamie Oliver do, do it the good ol' fashion way (although the long hard way!) lol*thank you everyone for providing recipes :)*

How long does it take to dry out these pasta?A good half hour to an hour?
I'm getting excited about this!

beaker59, Jul 3, 11:49pm
I just knead it on the bench the old fashioned way. I rarely dry my pasta just make it as needed and straight into the pot.