Gingernut biscuits

Page 2 / 2
tommydog, Aug 24, 4:24am
Couplands Bakery make really nice Gingernut Biscuits if you can't get around to making your own.

biggles45, Aug 24, 4:31am
Whip cream till really thick (stands in peaks and stays there). Sandwich together 1/2 pack of ginger biscuits with half the cream, with biscuits leaning at about a 45 degree angle, making a log. Cover the whole lot with cream, decorate with mandarine orange slices. Leave in fridge for a couple of hours. Slice and serve as a dessert. Can obviously vary the fruit and/or add choc chips on top.

wildflower, Aug 24, 4:56am
You are all making me hungry for a coffee and a gingernut.I haven't made them in years!My nana used to make lovely ones, I'll have to find her recipe.

juliewn, Aug 24, 10:51am
Hi. yes. as I posted above after quoting your post as here:

harrislucinda wrote:
my recipe was put up by pam but to get the crackle get a small container dip in cold water then press onto the biscuit [quote]

'I've found a similar way helps crack the tops. etc.'

juliewn, Aug 24, 10:52am
After reading the thread, I made some gingernuts last night - and added a cup of coconut - has made a crunchy coconut ginger taste. which is very good too. have a request to post some to Hamilton where Miss 21 will 'try them out for you Mum!' :-)

jano8, Aug 24, 8:01pm
& re OP yes they are now definitly way smaller biscuits, ironic that the pckging highlights/advertises "original" gingernuts!

tommydog, Aug 25, 4:24am
Couplands Bakery make really nice Gingernut Biscuits if you can't get around to making your own.

juliewn, Aug 25, 10:51am
Hi. yes. as I posted above after quoting your post as here:

harrislucinda wrote:
my recipe was put up by pam but to get the crackle get a small container dip in cold water then press onto the biscuit [quote]

'I've found a similar way helps crack the tops. etc.'

juliewn, Aug 25, 10:52am
After reading the thread, I made some gingernuts last night - and added a cup of coconut - has made a crunchy coconut ginger taste. which is very good too. have a request to post some to Hamilton where Miss 21 will 'try them out for you Mum!' :-)