Fillings for short pastry cases

mindi1, Aug 21, 6:39am
I have bought some of the short pastry cases ~ mini size ~ and would love some sweet and savoury ideas suitable for an afternoon tea. Thanks so much.

geldof, Aug 21, 6:44am
lemon or lime honey with a mini meringue on top. line with melted chocolate and fill with caramel condensed milk. whipped cream with coffee and baileys. jo seagers nut tarts

smoked fish and parsley sauce. cream cheese mixed with favourite chutney, garnished with fresh herbs.

seb28, Aug 21, 6:51am
Yip I'm with the citrus... lemon curd. Chocolate ganache with hazelnuts or the gorgeous colour green of the pistachio.

Chicken and mushroom.

cucumber and tomato salsa with an aioli drizzled on top.

Smoked beef with cream cheese and wholegrain mutard or horseradish cream.

geldof, Aug 21, 7:00am
Yum seb28, making my mouth water despite just having had a nice dinner! will copy your ideas into my TMMB note book. my mind goes blank when i want to do these things myself.

seb28, Aug 21, 7:16am
You could buy fruit mince and make some whipped cream with brandy in it.

Shrimps/crabmeat in a cocktail sauce with slices of avocado on top and paprika

Canned red salmon mixed with abit of mayo, finely chopped ghurkin and dill.

mindi1, Aug 21, 7:24am
Yummmmmm. Thanks all, and please keep the ideas coming.

geldof, Aug 21, 7:29am
You are clever and creative seb28. lovely food ideas and great make up artistry.

margyr, Aug 21, 7:34am
cream cheese, icing sugar, whipped cream and some crushed pineapple, blend the cream cheese etc and then stir in the crushed pineapple, really yummy and this filling freezes well. I usually put it on a malt biscuit crumb base like a cheese cake but it would go well in pastry cases.

seb28, Aug 21, 7:42am
lol just coming back here when I think of more... .

make a white choc ganache instead with fresh raspberries.

Add small pieces of sponge fingers, drizzle strong coffee syrup and booze if wanted, pipe on some mascarpone and dust with cocoa. . a mini tiramsu! !

A blueand cream cheese mix with finely chopped walnuts folded in and a slice of pear on top.

aof, Aug 21, 7:47am
lemon curd or passionfruit curd with a white marshmallow on top(passionfruit pulp drizzled over top) or a white chocolate button on its side

mindi1, Aug 21, 6:39am
I have bought some of the short pastry cases ~ mini size ~ and would love some sweet and savoury ideas suitable for an afternoon tea. Thanks so much.

geldof, Aug 21, 6:44am
lemon or lime honey with a mini meringue on top.line with melted chocolate and fill with caramel condensed milk.whipped cream with coffee and baileys.jo seagers nut tarts

smoked fish and parsley sauce.cream cheese mixed with favourite chutney, garnished with fresh herbs.

seb28, Aug 21, 6:51am
Yip I'm with the citrus. lemon curd. Chocolate ganache with hazelnuts or the gorgeous colour green of the pistachio. Almond patisserie cream and cherries.

Chicken and mushroom. or tandoor chicken with yoghurt and mint

cucumber and tomato salsa with an aioli drizzled on top.

Smoked beef with cream cheese and wholegrain mustard or horseradish cream.

You could make a sweet pumpkin pie mixture with nutmeg and cinnamon. Or make a savory pumpkin one with sourcreambacon and rosemary.

geldof, Aug 21, 7:00am
Yum seb28, making my mouth water despite just having had a nice dinner!will copy your ideas into my TMMB note book.my mind goes blank when i want to do these things myself.

seb28, Aug 21, 7:16am
You could buy fruit mince and make some whipped cream with brandy in it.

Shrimps/crabmeat in a cocktail sauce with slices of avocado on top and paprika

Canned red salmon mixed with abit of mayo, finely chopped ghurkin and dill.

mindi1, Aug 21, 7:24am
Yummmmmm. Thanks all, and please keep the ideas coming.

geldof, Aug 21, 7:29am
You are clever and creative seb28.lovely food ideas and great make up artistry.

margyr, Aug 21, 7:34am
cream cheese, icing sugar, whipped cream and some crushed pineapple, blend the cream cheese etc and then stir in the crushed pineapple, really yummy and this filling freezes well. I usually put it on a malt biscuit crumb base like a cheese cake but it would go well in pastry cases.

seb28, Aug 21, 7:42am
lol just coming back here when I think of more.

make a white choc ganache instead with fresh raspberries.

Add small pieces of sponge fingers, drizzle strong coffee syrup and booze if wanted, pipe on some mascarpone and dust with cocoa.a mini tiramsu!

A blueand cream cheese mix with finely chopped walnuts folded in and a slice of pear on top.

bev00, Aug 21, 11:40am
love these pastries