Has anyone got the george forman slow cooker??

shiyo, Aug 14, 5:49am
What do you think of it? ? ? I have just brought a sunbeam ( use to have the really old one) and so dissappointed in this one. It is 240 watts, but cooks the food so fast. The george forman is only 160 watts and wondering if it might be more slow at cooking.
No more turning it on in the morning and expecting tea at tea time. You could come home at mid day and eat cause it is already done! ! Not my idea of a slow cooker. Well not what I am use too. So wanting to know what others think
And yes I have already done the search on the side and not come up with much... thanks

kirinesha, Aug 14, 5:53am
There was a really interesting radio interview quite recently (National station I think) with a chef about to bring out a new slow cooking recipe book. She had the same problem - the new ones are too high in watts and cook the food too quickly. I've noted that a meal put in before I leave home is cooked several hours too early with our newer crockpot. :(

shiyo, Aug 14, 6:03am
apparently the old ones cooked food at too lower temperture and it was a health risk... I am still alive after 30 years of using one, so not sure about that story. Wish I had never given the old one away. Looked ugly but boy it worked good.

kirinesha, Aug 14, 6:05am
Agreed. I might move over to slow coking in the oven instead.

ferita, Aug 14, 8:01am
I have a George foreman one

I have only used it twice though. My other slow cooker I have I have never used so I dont know if its better or not. (I got the George foreman one free on fly buys)

fisher, Aug 14, 8:58am
"slow coking in the oven instead" == casserole. . hehehehe LOL:}

kirinesha, Jan 25, 2:18am
haha Fisher!

I'm thinking cooking (rather than coking) all day at 120C :)