Microwave Baking

michelle_09, Dec 2, 7:18am
I have heard that the oven requires a lot of energy to use. So i thought about trying to do some of my baking in the microwave in some silicon patty pans or cake pans. Anyone have any good foolproof recipies to share?

jmonster, Dec 2, 7:24am
My dad was the king of microwave baking, Ill try and find some recipes he used to use... Alison Holst has some yummy slices and cakes that are designed for microwave cooking.

michelle_09, Dec 2, 7:33am
excellent! i shall have a google on alison holst and see what i can find

elleg1, Dec 4, 8:33am
where to find microwave dish to cook slice in please. i have tried everywhere even op shops but no luck

juliewn, Aug 13, 8:59am
Hi Elleg. .

Just looking for a recipe and found this thread. .

You can use a pyrex oven dish - a lasagne type would work well - just make sure the length of it will be able to turn in your microwave. .

nauru, Aug 13, 9:03am
Just use a round pyrex pie dish, it will work fine. You can cut into wedges or bars.

dollmakernz, Aug 13, 9:18am
Microwave Chocolate Cake
175g flour, 2 Tbsp cocoa, 150g sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 egg, 200ml milk, 75g melted butter, ½tsp vanilla essence.
Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa in a bowl. Add the sugar. Beat the egg and add to the flour. Add milk, melted butter, and vanilla essence. Fold ing together. Pour into a ring container and place on an upturned plate in the microwave. Microwave on high 8 minutes.

dollmakernz, Aug 13, 9:21am
This is really nice but don't tell em what it is until after they eat it! If you say its tomato soup, you get an instant oooh! no!
Taste then tell!
Tomato Soup Cake

100g butter, softened, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 eggs, beaten, 1 tsp cinnamon,
1 tsp ground nutmeg, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, 1½ cups flour
1 Tbsp cocoa, 1 tsp baking powder, 225g can tomato soup, 1 tsp baking soda
1 cup boiled sultanas

Cream butter and sugar and add beaten eggs. Add sifted dry ingredients. Mix baking
soda and tomato soup in a small bowl and whisk until frothy. Add to the main mixture
and lastly stir in the still-hot, drained sultanas. Pour into a ring container,
and cook on high (100%) for 7-9 minutes, or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
This cake will become more moist with keeping. I ice it with a rich chocolate icing.

nauru, Jan 22, 2:18am
Dollmakernz - Do you use the condensed soup. This is an interesting recipe. Might just have to give it a go.