Eggs benetict

Page 2 / 2
martine5, Aug 15, 6:25am
If you want an easy hollandaise recipe and haven't made it before I can give you one but for the record I prefer hollandaise made the "traditional" way which isn't as straight forward as the cheats way. Which is put 4 egg yolks, one tablespoon of vinegar, 4 tablespoons of lemon juice and a little salt and white pepper in a food processor and whizz. Melt 3/4 quarters of a block of butter in the microwave and make sure it is so hot its boiling. Turn the processor back on and drizzle the boiling butter into the yolk mix. It should make heaps for six people. Make it just before you need it and keep it warm until serving - too hot and it will split and too cold and it will set.

winnie231, Aug 15, 6:28am
Been there tried that uli ... I'm very left-handed (I held my baby rattle in my left hand! ! ! ) and although I'm learning to use my right hand more & more - my whisking just isn't up to a hollandaise sauce yet!
If using the odd packet of pre-made, no nasties kato doesn't kill me then old age will so I'm not too worried :)

nojack, Aug 15, 6:32am
Another take on Hollandaise, from the US's Pioneer Woman. Yum!
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/09/how-tomake-blende
r-hollandaise-sauce/

uli, Aug 15, 6:43am
Well winnie231 - take your pick of the two above recipes then - the food processor is doing all the whisking for you ...
Good luck!

winnie231, Jan 27, 3:16am
Thankyou for your concern uli ... I will have to try one of those recipes for myself once I have a kitchen again.
At the moment I have 'no fixed abode' so no fermentation going on here. I gave away any cultures I still had before I left Golden Bay.
A new start is always good :)