Peach Sauce/jam

angefd1, Feb 20, 6:17am
x1
Can you make peaches into jam... ... . I have tree full of black boy peaches... ... ... ...

cgvl, Feb 20, 7:31am
oh yumm, very hard to find black boy peaches.
In answer to your question yes you can make jam, also if you make a syrup and lightly poach them then into freezer containers, they are really nice over winter for puddings.
You can also make a sauce similar to apricot but I prefer them poached and either fresh or frozen or picked and eaten off tree.

jimmy.k, Feb 20, 10:34pm
x1
Blackboy peach's make the best of all jams in my opinion. I make it every year and it is the first one to get used and requested by familly members and friends. so easy to make, I use one cup of fruit to 3/4 cup of sugar. You are very lucky to have Blackboy peach's

angefd1, Feb 22, 8:21am
thanks for the replies... ... . Are black boy peach trees rare... . . my mother n law has old tree in back yard, and every year we pull out the seedlings and dump them////////

winnie231, Feb 22, 9:09am
May I suggest you start giving them away instead.
More & more people are returning to 'the old ways' of making things/growing things for themselves instead of buying - be it for their own health, economy or both.
Just think what a difference you could make to your neighbourhood/town/district/. . -
. by something as simple as sharing the seedlings around.

fastlanenz, Feb 22, 9:10am
don't forget roast peach chutney ... I made one with some of our earlier December peaches, and have been enjoying it over the last few months.

510, Aug 29, 12:48pm
I have lovely memories of black boy peach treesgrowing on the farm. We used to eat themwith ice cream , Mum used to preserve them as well. I also think she made a jelly like jam with them.