Getting inventive with silverbeet ...

winnie231, Jul 31, 3:49am
Mum had silverbeet in her garden that needed using so I'm reinventing spinach & ricotta cannelloni.

So far I have sweated off chopped onion, garlic and silverbeet, a handful of sunflower seeds & seasoned with s&p, oregano & parsley.
When it's a bit cooler I'm going to add cottage cheese with chives, grated cheese & an egg yolk or 2.

I'll fill the cannelloni with this mix, lay them in a baking dish & pour chopped tomatoes over.
Sprinkle over a bit more cheese & bake at 200C for about 30 min.

Some salad on the side & hopefully a delicious dinner done!

elliehen, Jul 31, 4:06am
Sounds scrumptious! Post a follow-up on how it went, any changes you might make second time around, and it'll be a useful addition to the Easy and Tasty Vegetarian recipe thread.

winnie231, Jul 31, 4:54am
Will do ...

motorbo, Jul 31, 5:23am
i used to cook it and stuff my chicken breasts with it then wrap the breast in bacon pan fry, then simmer in a tomatoe based sauce

winnie231, Jul 31, 7:12am
Well - the silverbeet & cottage cheese cannelloni were a great success! ! !
The only change I would make is to use a large tin of chopped tomatoes instead of a standard size one as we could have done with a bit more 'sauce'. Very tasty though and my mother enjoyed coming home from her bowls to find dinner ready.

elliehen, Dec 13, 5:51pm
Thanks, winnie. I've added it to the vegetarian thread and plan to make it myself.