Fingerfood i can freeze?!?!

wildebeest, Jul 19, 11:47pm
Heya! hosting a 65th party in early aug, need to make heaps in advance! ive already made and chucked in the freezer: pizza spirals, mex veg pasties, cheese bisuits, and sausage rolls... please give me more! ! Heaps of recipes in books/online don't say if I can freeze or not :)

marley, Jul 19, 11:59pm
mini little quiches? ? ? like mini muffin size for desser you culd buy those little cream puffs and drizzle chocolate over them... look out fo rthemon special but we found them cost effective for my mums 50th and they just need to be pulle dout at least 30 mins beforehand... Chip dip with vege sticks... . not really freezable - Im not sure but arent too much hassle to prepare the night before and eave them in bowl of water... celery, carrots and even cauliflower and brocolli raw with this dip is lovely... .

winnie231, Jul 20, 12:09am
I made these for a 50th birthday. They were easy & very popular!
Make & freeze the pikelets ahead of time, then just top on the day.

Regal Smoked Salmon with Mini Chive Pikelets

Ingredients
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg
3/4 milk
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1-2 teaspoons butter, extra

Topping
100g cream cheese
100g Regal Cold Smoked Salmon
chopped dill

Method
1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Beat the egg, then beat in the milk and melted butter. Pour into the well and stir gently until the ingredients are just mixed.
2. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Lightly grease the pan with some of the extra butter. Drop in small spoonfuls of the mixture. When small bubbles appear on the surface and the underside is golden brown, turn the pikelets over and cook until the other side is golden brown. Cool on a cake rack.
3. When cold, spread each pikelet with cream cheese, top with a piece of smoked salmon and garnish with chopped dill.

tinyted, Jul 20, 12:28am
I've frozen meatballs, small thai chicken kebabs (without the skewer) all good for dipping, also small paua and whitebait fritters (the latter being better cooked on the day tho'), cheesecakes, small bacon/egg quiches and small savouries or the large quiches. Have even frozen a left over chocolate log with cream and icing on and it seemed fine once thawed. Other cakes freeze well uniced. Hope these ideas help, good luck.

wildebeest, Jul 20, 1:47am
thanks heaps :) does anyone have a good mussel fritter or spinach (or similar) fritter recipe? ?

mal331, Jul 20, 4:20am
In the past I've made bread cases which will store in an air tight container for up to two weeks then made fillings (which can be frozen) such as curry chicken, mushroom, cheese and bacon. I just use a basic white sauce as the base.

greerg, Jul 20, 5:52am
Little lemon tarts are probably better frozen as separate components but will be fine frozen whole. Make or buy short pastry cases, make a batch of microwave lemon honey cooking an extra minute for extra thickness and fill the tarts. Make a batch of very small meringues preferably piped and pop them on top. People seem to think they are something special and they're so easy.

indy95, Jul 20, 6:13am
Here is a good recipe for mussel fritters, wildebeest.

250g mussel meat, minced or chopped finely
2 eggs, separated
1/4 c flour
1/4 c milk
Handful of parsley chopped finely
1-2 spring onions sliced thinly
Oil to fry
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine the egg yolks, flour and milk to make a batter. Mix in the mussel meat, parsley and spring onion, then season well. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold in.

Heat oil in a pan and drop in spoonfuls of the batter. Cook until crisp and browned on both sides and cooked through.

This quantity will make 12 medium sized fritters.

juliewn, Jul 20, 12:23pm
For dessert items, anything with gelatine usually freezes well - including marshmallow shortcake. Lamingtons also freeze well, as do little apple or other fruit tarts made in patty tins.

To serve, on the morning of the party, or the night before, arrange the frozen items on serving plates/dishes, cover with plastic wrap and leave to thaw in your fridge or on your bench - well away from any pets!

Dessert... ... done! ! ! :-)

Enjoy your party. .

wildebeest, Nov 15, 11:57am
thanks guys! ! and extra thanks indy95! !