Lamb frys/hearts

1mlost, Jul 16, 9:11am
any ideas how to make the most of these please

jag5, Jul 16, 9:22am
Hearts I put into casseroles with steak and kidney. Lambs fry... . with bacon even better.

While bacon is cooking, slice lambs fry and coat in flour. When bacon cooked, take out of pan and flash fry the lambs fry in the bacon fat. Add seasoned water, and cook until thickened... check seasoning. The trick is to work really quickly so that the lambs fry doesn't overcook and become dry. I also add fresh herbs, particularly thyme.

beaker59, Jul 16, 9:25am
I love lambs fry,

Slice lambs fry about 1 cm thick slices across the piece to give like small steaks heat pan well and fry quickly in oil until browned well but still very rare in the middle. take out of pan and put aside fry some bacon pieces onion and mushrooms then tip over half a cup of port and flambe for that special touch add 1/2 cup water with heaped teaspoon cornflour stirred in salt and pepper to taste and some chopped fresh herbs like thyme sage and rosemary(basically hwatever I have in the garden that inspires) add the liver back in with any juices and stir through over heat and serve. Don't overcook the liver. This is the basics I add other things at times.