Lamb Shanks, slow cooker

jimbob83, Jan 21, 6:23pm
x1
anyone have a good recipe, my husband wants them in a gravy but I'm really not confordant (can't even spell the word lol) I cant find any recipes for it either. help please

ladeda, Jan 21, 6:32pm
Any fatty meats I cook in the slow cooker on it's own because the fat leeches out over the day. Add the gravy later.

briatt, Jan 21, 7:42pm
Very basic, but I cook single lamb shanks wrapped in tin foil which come out great. A single lamb shank is too small for the crock pot hence the reason why I do it in tin foil.

marlin9, Jan 21, 10:35pm
Go out and get the Maggie Crockpot recipe packet - yu8mmy and saves time doing lots of the fiddly stuff, but i do that as well sometimes.

lythande1, Jan 21, 10:44pm
Confident.

Here:
http://www.google.co.nz/#hl=en&source=hp&biw=1544&bih=794&q=slowcooked+lamb+shanks&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=3ad40b4587f5627c

Millions of recipes. Hiss, boo to the packet suggestion - no need using expensive stuff like that when it's so easy (and tastier) to use real ingredients.

melford, Jan 22, 5:57am
I would love to know the secretof how to cook lamb shanks. I have had a couple of goes and despite using top qilaity shanks from a butcher they were a disaster. They were tender but oh my, the gravy was swimming in fat - and the smell fo the fat madae me throw them all out. Have tried oven cooking them and crockpot cooking. Also browned them off in the frypan first too.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)