Batter with no baking powder and not self raising

steamylee, Jul 15, 7:15am
flour... do you think it will work with just normal flour and water? just want to coat some pork for sweet and sour pork but i havent tried it before and only have normal flour... ? or should i just pass on the idea for now?

eastie3, Jul 15, 7:20am
When I do sweet and sour pork I just toss the marinated pork in cornflour then fry in the wok.

steamylee, Jul 15, 7:21am
awesome! ! i do have cornflour so will do that! ! woohoo thanks, i thought it was going to end up being a failure! !

245sam, Jul 15, 7:25am
steamylee - you don't need baking powder or self-raising flour- the recipe I have for Sweet and Sour Pork which I haven't used for a while now although I do recall that it was nice and successful too, has only plain/standard/all purpose flour, salt, egg and water for the batter - just ¼ cup flour, ½ tsp salt, 1 egg, 2 tbsp water - these quantities for 225g lean pork cut into 1. 25cm (½") pieces.

Hope that helps. :-))

steamylee, Jul 15, 8:13am
right have just fried them... (also my first time deep frying at home) and they taste AMAZING! ! ! ! ! ! woohoo! ! ! ! i think my other half will be very impressed! ! ! ! thanks guys :)

pickles7, Jul 15, 9:24am
good for you ... . steamylee... .

pericles, Jul 15, 9:44pm
Beer Batter Recipe
Before you start, drink one beer to check for quality. Good, isn’t it? Now go ahead.

Ingredients

1 case beer
1 cups flour
2 large eggs
1 onion
salt and pepper
fish
deep fryer
oil

Method

Get a shallow bowl, fork, salt, pepper, etc. Drink another beer. It must be just right. To be sure beer is of the highest quality, drink another beer as fast as you can. Repeat.

With fork, mix flour in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 seaspoon of satl and imx again. Meanwhile, make sure that the beer is of the finest quality– drink another one. Add 2 arge leggs, 2 pinchers of epperp and mix till high. If yeg golk gets stuck in fork, just scrape it loose with a drewscriver. Drink another beer, checking for tonscisticity.

Next sift 3 cups of pepper or salt (it really doesn’t matter which). Drink antoher reeb. Sift 1/2. Fold in chopped oninions and one babblespoon of bree, or whatever liquid you can find if you don’t want to waste beer. Wix mell. Have another beeber.

Pour oil in turn and fry deep fater to higher. Dump ifsh into miexd tabber. Now dropped fillettettes into feep dat rfyer and kooc. Drink the rest of the beer, plug unfry ther and bo to ged.

steamylee, Jul 17, 8:29am
bahahahahahaha omg that is so funny! !

cap, Nov 5, 3:07pm
LMAO!