Kiwi fruit Marmalade recipes

anne1955, Feb 18, 9:07am
I've missplced mine and want to make some these next two days off... It's lovely and I am upset at my current misplacing of my recipe HELP please thats Anne

cookessentials, Feb 18, 6:08pm
Quick marmalade made with kiwifruit and lime is made in the microwave. This is fast and easy to make with few ingredients.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Ingredients:

* 4 kiwis, peeled and trimmed
* Zest of 1 lime, slivered
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice

Preparation:
Quarter the kiwifruit lengthwise, and then cut them crosswise into 1/2-inch cubes.

Combine the kiwis with lime zest, sugar, and lime juice in a deep 2-1/2-quart microwave-safe casserole, and stir well.

Cook, uncovered, at full power (650 to 750 watts) for 5 minutes. Stir, return to the microwave, and cook until thick, another 6 minutes.

Allow the marmalade to cool to room temperature; then cover tightly and refrigerate. It will keep for 1 week in the refrigerator.

Yield: 1 cup

anne1955, Feb 18, 9:18pm
Hi Thanks for that one sadly I don't have a microwave but thanks Kindest thoughts Anne

fogs, Feb 19, 1:42am
I have a kiwifruit jam recipe any help

darlingmole, Feb 19, 1:45am
hey cookessentials ... how come it'll only last a week in the fridge? because only there's no egg in it to make it go off? Or may be we could add some citric acid to help perserve it? What are you thoughts please

fogs, Aug 20, 11:05am
•10GREEN Kiwifruit, peeled and mashed
•¼ cup lemon juice
•5 cups sugar
•¾ cup water
•1 package powdered fruit pectin
Directions
1. Put theGREEN Kiwifruit, lemon juice and sugar in a bowl. Stir to mix it all together then let it sit for 30 minutes
2. Meanwhile, mix the water and the powdered fruit pectin in a small saucepan - ask mum or granny to bring this to the boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir into theGREEN Kiwifruit mixture all at once and continue stirring for 3 minutes
3. Scoop it with a spoon or ladle into clean jars, leaving 1 cm gap at the top. Wipe the top clean with damp cloth and put the lids on. Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours, then store in the freezer. It will also keep fresh in the fridge for up to 3 weeks
4. It tastes great on crumpets or English muffins - yummy and sweet!
Serves Makes 7 cups.
It is really yummy but I have always frozen what I can't use in the 3 weeks for safety.
We have a kiwifruit vine so have a huge amount of them to use. The nicest thing I make is kiwifruit jelly's which are sort of like a turkish delight but kiwifruit.