Porridge in the slow cooker

hikoi, Jul 11, 7:47am
Can it be done and left overnight on low? TIA

245sam, Jul 11, 7:52am
yes, it sure can hikoi - have a look at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=10&t=189

The first recipe on that link is the one that I have successfully used on many occasions. :-))

hikoi, Jul 11, 7:54am
Thank you. :)

hikoi, Jul 11, 7:58am
Umm I dont have a dish that would fit in the cooker :(

Is there one Im able to just biff into the cooker :)

didorothy, Jul 11, 8:06am
I have done it straight into the crock pot but it tends to go brown around the edges However it was still yummy. Might try the one on the trade me cooks link

lilyfield, Jul 11, 9:36am
why would you- if it only takes three minutes in the microwave.

hikoi, Jul 11, 9:45am
Let me see, I DONT HAVE A MICROWAVE, and before you ask, the gas has run out so I dont have a stove atm either ;)

survivorr, Jul 11, 10:23am
Is it possible to still buy Creamoata? I haven't seen it around for a while.

pickles7, Jul 11, 12:31pm
The last pkt I bought was yuck. Would have been two years ago now. Havn't looked for it again.

bionic-grandma, Jul 12, 4:13am
no sadly creamolta has bee discontinued a childhood favourite boohoo

lizab, Jul 12, 4:33am
Because you can still be in bed sleeping, while the rest of the household takes the lid off the crockpot and helps themselves! ! =)

survivorr, Jul 13, 7:56pm
Can someone recommend a porridge for a slow cooker that will come out nice and smooth, not lumpy, please?

nauru, Oct 27, 9:40pm
I use the following recipe all the time. This is from Joan Bishop Crockpot book.

11/4 cups rolled oats, 3 cups water, 1/4 teasp salt. Put all ingredients in a bowl and put into crockpot on a trivet or upturned saucer. Put lid on pot and cook on low overnight. Stir well befor serving.
Somtimes I add any of the following: sultanas or chopped dates and nuts. Chopped apple and 1/2 teasp cinnamon