cookessentials, Sep 5, 3:33am
Hi griffo, no, they are sprinkled over the tin before you add the mix
Here is a copy and paste from the recipe I posted above

"Grease a 24cm springform tin with 1 tbsp of the butter and dust with walnuts."

You must have missed it!

cookessentials, Sep 5, 3:34am
It has an amazing taste doesn't it?

griffo4, Sep 5, 5:53am
Yes cooks it tastes amazing and everyone loved the syrup even though they got sticky fingers,lol
When l read the recipe it said put 9 walnuts into processor but l didn't do that and put them all in the cake mix which went well so l think l will stick with that as they put a bit of crunch in as well
Thanks for sharing the recipe

cookessentials, Sep 5, 6:37am
The walnuts are roasted and then ground to fine crumbs. You butter the tin,then sprinkle walnuts in and shake around to coat bottom and side of tin i it gives it a light crust.

griffo4, Sep 5, 9:37pm
Cooks l did roast them but then the recipe said put 9 in processor and l thought l am not getting processor out just for them so missed that step,lol
lt was late and l was tired but next time l will look at doing it properly
l was happy about the crust and l can see the reason for doing that
Thanks

cookessentials, Sep 5, 9:53pm
I think it was meant to be a" ( " but i hit the wrong key LOL

You roast and put all of them in to chop finely.

cookessentials, Sep 25, 7:29am
Test Recipe For Today was:
Chocolate Muffins from the "A Good Spread" Cookbook. Amazingly quick and easy to make and they come from the Owaka Branch,South Otago.

1cup sugar ( I used caster)
1egg
1/2 cup blue top milk
125g butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch salt
1 tso baking soda
1 heaped tsp baking powder
2 heaped tbsp cocoa ( I used Dutch cocoa - "Blooker")
1/3 cup boiling water.
Put,sugar,egg,milk,butter,vani-
lla and salt into a bowl. Add sifted flour,soda,baking powder,baking soda and cocoa. Lastly add boiling water. Beat with electric beaters for 4 minutes. Spoon into muffin tins and bake at 180C for twenty minuted.

Now, I trialed the new Infinite Circulon muffin tins as I wanted to be sure that they do what the manufacturer says they do and they certainly DO and I must say, I am thrilled with them, You do NOT spray them or grease them in any way. The muffins cooked beautifully and i let them sit about 5 mins and turned the tin over and they all just fell out onto the cooling rack - MOST impressive.
The muffins...beautiful. Nice and choclatey, very light and moist.

indy95, Sep 26, 4:34am
Cookessentials, could you give the quantity of flour, please ?

cookessentials, Sep 26, 5:04am
I missed it? Sorry. It is 1 1/2 cups plain flour.
Thisapparently can be doubled and one half used for muffins and the other half to make a chocolate cake. I actually think with the taste and texture that it would make a fabulous chocolate cake, split in half and filled with a chocolate ganache or buttercream filling,sandwiched together and then iced.

cookessentials, Sep 26, 5:12am
I made two of the spicy ginger loaves today and I have bread dough rising in the airing cupboard. Bought fresh yeast from Moore Wilson. A large block for about $4. You can cut it inot measured portions and fresse. When thawing it, just that it out in the fridge. It works perfectly after being frozen and I DO LOVE fresh yeast.

fruitluva2, Sep 26, 5:22am
Therhubarb butter cakes sound good.

cookessentials, Sep 26, 5:23am
Oh, they ARE!! Really nice and spicy and the rhubabrb compote down the middle makes them even nicer.

cookessentials, Apr 13, 10:47pm
I made this dish when Mum & Dad came down to stay. I would definatley make it again, it was delicious.

Chicken Breasts With Mushrooms And Marsala
4 skinned and boned free-range chicken breasts
3 Tbsp butter
100g pancetta, diced
½ cup finely chopped shallots
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup plain flour
250g brown button mushrooms, wiped with a damp cloth and thickly sliced
½ cup Marsala
¼ cup chicken stock
1 Tbsp chopped parsley

Cut chicken breasts in half lengthways into 2 long narrower pieces then cut off the tenderloin (if it is still attached).

Heat a large heavy-based or non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp butter. Add pancetta and cook for 4-5 minutes, until lightly golden. Add shallots and garlic and cook everything until golden, stirring often. Transfer to a side plate.

Reheat pan, adding the oil. Dust chicken pieces with flour. When the oil is hot, add 1 Tbsp butter, then drop in chicken when butter is sizzling. Cook until golden on both sides and just cooked through. Transfer to a separate plate and season with a little salt.

Reheat pan, drop in the remaining butter and when sizzling, add the mushrooms, ensuring they are all on the bottom of the pan. Cook the mushrooms until golden then turn and cook the other side until golden. Carefully pour in the Marsala, let it sizzle and bubble for a minute or two, then add the chicken stock and bubble up. Return the pieces of chicken to the pan and warm through.

Dish chicken onto a small platter with all the juices and top with crispy shallots and pancetta. Scatter with parsley and serve with mashed kumara or potato.