Favourite pasta dishes please

Page 2 / 2
rarogal, Aug 26, 9:31am
Have madee the following many times, and always get good comments:

TORTELLINI & CHORIZO SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
1 tbsp olive oil; 3 chorizo sausages thinly sliced; 420g can spicy tomato condensed soup; 400g can crushed tomatoes; ½ cup green pitted olives, halved; 2cups frozen broad beans; 300g packet fresh tortellini pasta; 100g feta diced; ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley; ground black pepper to taste.

Pour boiling water over broad beans and allow to stand for 3 mins.Heat oil in large frying pan, add chorizo and cook until brown. Add soup, tomatoes, and olives. Bring to boil and simmer 10mins.
Drain beans, peel and discard pods.Add to tomato soup mixture. Simmer for another 5mins.

Cook pasta in a large pot of gently boiling salted water for 5 mins. Drain.Gently stir into tomato mixture, combining well.Top pasta with feta cheese and chopped fresh parsley, season with black pepper.

Hints:I couldn’t find spicy tomato soup, so I used a sachet of Masterfoods Italian Chicken Casserole mix as well.I doubled this recipe for the 8 of us.
Don't be put off by the broad beans, they are lovely without the skin and add great colour!

cookessentials, Aug 27, 8:20am
Sure. I think it is on the pasta thread, I shall have a look for you.

cookessentials, Aug 27, 8:23am
Post # 3 on the Pasta thread kscott3

krazy_kat, Aug 31, 12:08am
My favorites are Chicken and Camenbert fettachine and Zucchini, bacon and pesto spagetti.I'm so hungry now!

diana96, Jul 10, 2:31am
cook fresh pasta,stir in lisa's chunky dip[pesto is good] afew slices of cold smokes salmon or chicken , yum and so quick.

sherralynne, Jul 10, 2:49am
Just started cooking Alison Holst's Macaroni Cheese in the slow cooker.Very easy and very tasty.

sherralynne, Aug 12, 7:18am
Alison Holst's Macaroni Cheese - 2-2.5 cups of penne, macaroni or other 'robust' pasta, 25g butter, 3 cups grated Cheddar or Colby Cheese, 3 tablespoons flour, 1 teaspoon garlic salt, 3 cups boiling water.Tip the pasta into the slow cooker bowl.Melt the butter and pour over the pasta, stir to combine.Sprinkle the grated cheese, flour and salt and stir to mix.Pour in the boiling water and mix gentlyCover with the lid and cook on High for 2.5-3 hours.If you're passing through the kitchen, stir gently every hour or so.Serve as you would any macaroni cheese and enjoy.You can reduce the heat to Low after about 2 hours and cook for a further 2-3 hours if desired, though the longer it cooks, the softer the pasta becomes.This is delicious and well worth trying!

scarlettnz, Aug 26, 6:34am
Just a hint about the Alison Holst macaroni cheese - you might want to check it after 45 minutes on high.That's all it takes to cook in my slow cooker (Breville).Cooking it for 2.5 hours would turn it into mush.

rarogal, Aug 26, 9:31am
Have madee the following many times, and always get good comments:

TORTELLINI & CHORIZO SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
1 tbsp olive oil; 3 chorizo sausages thinly sliced; 420g can spicy tomato condensed soup; 400g can crushed tomatoes; ½ cup green pitted olives, halved; 2cups frozen broad beans; 300g packet fresh tortellini pasta; 100g feta diced; ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley; ground black pepper to taste.

Pour boiling water over broad beans and allow to stand for 3 mins.Heat oil in large frying pan, add chorizo and cook until brown. Add soup, tomatoes, and olives. Bring to boil and simmer 10mins.
Drain beans, peel and discard pods.Add to tomato soup mixture. Simmer for another 5mins.

Cook pasta in a large pot of gently boiling salted water for 5 mins. Drain.Gently stir into tomato mixture, combining well.Top pasta with feta cheese and chopped fresh parsley, season with black pepper.

Hints:I couldn’t find spicy tomato soup, so I used a sachet of Masterfoods Italian Chicken Casserole mix as well.I doubled this recipe for the 8 of us.
Don't be put off by the broad beans, they are lovely without the skin and add great colour!

bev00, Aug 30, 10:38am
great Pasta thread - too good to lose.

willyow, Aug 30, 7:10pm
I made this Carbonara recipe posted here recently by sarahb5 and thought it was simple, authentic Italian and fabulous - not the Kiwi-ised version using cream. If you like the cream/runny version - you could add a little cream.

Cook 300g of pasta - I use spaghetti or tagliatelle. While that's cooking fry 200g of bacon, ham or a combination of both in a little olive oil. In a jug beat together 4 eggs, 75g of grated tasty cheese and 25g of grated parmesan with a generous amount of fresh ground black pepper. When the pasta's cooked drain thoroughly, add the fried bacon/ham and toss so that it is evenly distributed through the pasta. Return the pasta mix to the pot and add the egg mixture. Heat very gently until the egg is just cooked but not scrambled.

That's my recipe anyway - serves 4 - simple, quick and cheap. We usually have a green salad and/or garlic bread with it.

sarahb5 (1261 ) 3:56 pm, Tue 7 Aug

krazy_kat, Aug 31, 12:08am
My favorites are Chicken and Camenbert fettachine and Zucchini, bacon and pesto spagetti.I'm so hungry now!