Favourite pasta dishes please

Page 1 / 2
nety, Jul 9, 4:29am
favorite pasta dishes, need new ideas please

cookessentials, Jul 9, 4:49am
My orzo (risoni) pasta salad which is eaten warm or cold with wood smoked slamon through it would be my favourite.

kbrough, Jul 9, 5:21am
Bacon Pasta

1 onion
200 grams of bacon
1 can of Italian chopped tomatoes
1 tub of lite cream cheese
1 325 gm of of vegoroni spirals

Fry onion and bacon, add can of tomatoes and cream cheese mix well, stir through cooked pasta. This meal is quick easy and very tasty.

rolznsp, Jul 9, 5:27am
Chicken bacon and mushroom. Sundried tomato and chicken. Pesto and chicken. - theres a nice sundried tomato and chiken one in here somewhere.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 10, 2:03am
are you referring to mine :)

diana96, Jul 10, 2:31am
cook fresh pasta, stir in lisa's chunky dip[pesto is good] afew slices of cold smokes salmon or chicken , yum and so quick.

sherralynne, Jul 10, 2:49am
Just started cooking Alison Holst's Macaroni Cheese in the slow cooker. Very easy and very tasty.

molly37, Jul 10, 7:21am
This looks pretty impressive but so so easy and a family fav of ours.
Fry onion and garlic in a large fry pan. Add a broken up smoked chicken with a large tub of Creme Fraiche. You can add some chopped parsley, Heat till warm. Stir through chopped avocado. I spoon it over cooked fresh Fettucine and top with toasted Pinenuts.

Another one is to follow the same process but instead of smoked chicken use fresh mussels and bacon, add some sweet thai chilli sauce to the creamy mixture to taste and top with grilled bacon and pine nuts over Penne or Fettucine. Yumbo. Serve with Green Salad and French Stick.

golfpunkgal, Jul 10, 9:37pm
Heat olive oil & fry garlic. Add 2 tubs berry tomatoes and cook til burst. Add 500mg creme fraiche, lemon zest, toasted pine nuts & fresh flat leaf parsley.
Toss through paprdelle and top with fresh parmesan shavings!
Our family favourite!

amarni1, Jul 10, 9:54pm
ohhh, can I have the recipe please?

spongeypud, Jul 10, 11:06pm
My favourite is mince and macaroni casserole.

250 gms macaroni ~ 6 cups boiling water ~ 50 gms butter, chopped ~ 2 medium onions, finely chopped ~ 3 cloves garlic, crushed ~ 500 gms minced beef ~ 1/3 cup (50 gms) plain flour ~ 2 Tbls tomato paste ~ 1 tsp mild English mustard ~ 3 cups milk ~ 1 cup grated tasty cheddar cheese ~ 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese ~ 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley

Spread macaroni over base of large deep microwave safe dish, cover with boiling water; cook, uncovered, on HIGH for 10 minutes or until just tender, stirring twice during cooking. Drain macaroni, cover to keep warm. Combine butter, onions and garlic in large dish; cook on HIGH for 5 minutes. Stir in mince; cook on HIGH 10 minutes, stirring twice during cooking. Stir in flour, tomato paste and mustard; cook on HIGH for 2 minutes. Stir in milk, cook on HIGH 7 minutes, stirring twice during cooking. Stir in macaroni and half the combined cheeses and parsley. Top with remaining cheese and parsley mixture, cook on HIGH about 2 minutes or until cheese melts.

ps ... I sometimes do this the conventional way on the stove, make it before hand and then reheat later in the oven. Also I like more mustard in mine that the 1 tsp.

sherralynne, Aug 12, 7:18am
Alison Holst's Macaroni Cheese - 2-2. 5 cups of penne, macaroni or other 'robust' pasta, 25g butter, 3 cups grated Cheddar or Colby Cheese, 3 tablespoons flour, 1 teaspoon garlic salt, 3 cups boiling water. Tip the pasta into the slow cooker bowl. Melt the butter and pour over the pasta, stir to combine. Sprinkle the grated cheese, flour and salt and stir to mix. Pour in the boiling water and mix gentlyCover with the lid and cook on High for 2. 5-3 hours. If you're passing through the kitchen, stir gently every hour or so. Serve as you would any macaroni cheese and enjoy. You can reduce the heat to Low after about 2 hours and cook for a further 2-3 hours if desired, though the longer it cooks, the softer the pasta becomes. This is delicious and well worth trying!

delate, Mar 21, 4:23am
This is probably going to be a dumb question, is TASTY ok to use i/o Cheddar or Colby for the Crockpot Maca? Thanks

cookessentials, Jul 9, 4:49am
My orzo (risoni) pasta salad which is eaten warm or cold with wood smoked slamon through it would be my favourite.

kbrough, Jul 9, 5:21am
Bacon Pasta

1 onion
200 grams of bacon
1 can of Italian chopped tomatoes
1 tub of lite cream cheese
1 325 gm of of vegoroni spirals

Fry onion and bacon, add can of tomatoes and cream cheese mix well, stir through cooked pasta. This meal is quick easy and very tasty.

rolznsp, Jul 9, 5:27am
Chicken bacon and mushroom. Sundried tomato and chicken. Pesto and chicken.- theres a nice sundried tomato and chiken one in here somewhere.

diana96, Jul 10, 2:31am
cook fresh pasta,stir in lisa's chunky dip[pesto is good] afew slices of cold smokes salmon or chicken , yum and so quick.

sherralynne, Jul 10, 2:49am
Just started cooking Alison Holst's Macaroni Cheese in the slow cooker.Very easy and very tasty.

molly37, Jul 10, 7:21am
This looks pretty impressive but so so easy and a family fav of ours.
Fry onion and garlic in a large fry pan. Add a broken up smoked chicken with a large tub of Creme Fraiche. You can add some chopped parsley, Heat till warm. Stir through chopped avocado. I spoon it over cooked fresh Fettucine and top with toasted Pinenuts.

Another one is to follow the same process but instead of smoked chicken use fresh mussels and bacon, add some sweet thai chilli sauce to the creamy mixture to taste and top with grilled bacon and pine nuts over Penne or Fettucine. Yumbo. Serve with Green Salad and French Stick.

golfpunkgal, Jul 10, 9:37pm
Heat olive oil & fry garlic. Add 2 tubs berry tomatoes and cook til burst. Add 500mg creme fraiche, lemon zest, toasted pine nuts & fresh flat leaf parsley.
Toss through paprdelle and top with fresh parmesan shavings!
Our family favourite!

amarni1, Jul 10, 9:54pm
ohhh, can I have the recipe please!

spongeypud, Jul 10, 11:06pm
My favourite is mince and macaroni casserole.

250 gms macaroni ~ 6 cups boiling water ~ 50 gms butter, chopped ~ 2 medium onions, finely chopped ~ 3 cloves garlic, crushed ~ 500 gms minced beef ~ 1/3 cup (50 gms) plain flour ~ 2 Tbls tomato paste ~ 1 tsp mild English mustard ~ 3 cups milk ~ 1 cup grated tasty cheddar cheese ~ 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese ~ 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley

Spread macaroni over base of large deep microwave safe dish, cover with boiling water; cook, uncovered, on HIGH for 10 minutes or until just tender, stirring twice during cooking. Drain macaroni, cover to keep warm. Combine butter, onions and garlic in large dish; cook on HIGH for 5 minutes. Stir in mince; cook on HIGH 10 minutes, stirring twice during cooking. Stir in flour, tomato paste and mustard; cook on HIGH for 2 minutes. Stir in milk, cook on HIGH 7 minutes, stirring twice during cooking. Stir in macaroni and half the combined cheeses and parsley. Top with remaining cheese and parsley mixture, cook on HIGH about 2 minutes or until cheese melts.

ps . I sometimes do this the conventional way on the stove, make it before hand and then reheat later in the oven. Also I like more mustard in mine that the 1 tsp.

sherralynne, Aug 12, 7:18am
Alison Holst's Macaroni Cheese - 2-2.5 cups of penne, macaroni or other 'robust' pasta, 25g butter, 3 cups grated Cheddar or Colby Cheese, 3 tablespoons flour, 1 teaspoon garlic salt, 3 cups boiling water.Tip the pasta into the slow cooker bowl.Melt the butter and pour over the pasta, stir to combine.Sprinkle the grated cheese, flour and salt and stir to mix.Pour in the boiling water and mix gentlyCover with the lid and cook on High for 2.5-3 hours.If you're passing through the kitchen, stir gently every hour or so.Serve as you would any macaroni cheese and enjoy.You can reduce the heat to Low after about 2 hours and cook for a further 2-3 hours if desired, though the longer it cooks, the softer the pasta becomes.This is delicious and well worth trying!

scarlettnz, Aug 26, 6:34am
Just a hint about the Alison Holst macaroni cheese - you might want to check it after 45 minutes on high.That's all it takes to cook in my slow cooker (Breville).Cooking it for 2.5 hours would turn it into mush.

kscott3, Aug 26, 7:09am
Cookessentials . can we have that recipe please