What is your signature dish? lets make a....

Page 1 / 3
tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 4, 8:34pm
thread with the best recipes from TM Recipes :) List your favorites here so that we can find the best of the best dishes :)

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 4, 8:36pm
Mine as you all know...

Sundried Tomato and Chicken Fettucine :)

Pack of fresh fettucine
400ml cream (or coconut cream)
100gm Sundried Tomatoes (chopped finely)
500gm chicken (strips)
1 tspn chicken stock powder
1tblspn basil leaves (chopped finely)
1 onion (diced)

Fry chicken, add onion. lower heat and add cream basil and sundried tomatoes. simmer until cream turns slightly red (pink) add stock powder and mix. Simmer until creamy. Cook fettucine.

ENJOY! ! !

cookessentials, Jul 4, 9:42pm
Mmm, will have to think about that one LOL, there are so many lovely dishes out there.

valentino, Jul 5, 1:13am
My best and healthiest meal contains a "Japanese Spinach Salad" served with lightly pan-fried (fresh from the sea) fish (either Gurnard, Tarakihi, Snapper, Bream, Hapuka etc).

Next best is Teriyaki (sp) salmon or a Wasabi, Ginger and Lime Salmon with wholemeal noodles.

Cheers.

indy95, Jul 5, 1:23am
Now that sounds like a great idea for dinner, valentino, or I should say two great ideas. I feel like a change from the usual Winter fare so will do a search.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 5, 1:35am
ooo that sounds fantastic :) yummmy. im feeling the same though crockpots going alot and soups always in the house... makes me think how long its been since i did my crunchy rice salad... mustve been the bbq era

valentino, Jul 5, 2:46am
Japanese Spinach Salad.

Just transferred this from Trademecooks... .

A real true Favourite.

One can leave out the Daikon (a Japanese large whitish Radish like vegetable) and the Sesame seeds to suit, I do this quite often.

2 eggs,
1 sheet nori (sheet of Seaweed) cut into matchsticks,
150g baby spinach leaves,
1 small red onion finely sliced,
½ daikon radish ( similar to Chinese turnip ) finely sliced and cut in half,
2 or 3 Lebanese cucumbers sliced,
30g pickled ginger sliced and chopped,
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds.

DRESSING;
1/3 cup light olive oil,
1 tablespoon rice vinegar,
1 tablespoon light soy sauce.

Preheat element to hot.
Beat the eggs lightly in a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon water and the nori pieces.
Season well.
Heat and grease a 20cm omelette pan, pour in the mixture to make a thin omelette, when lightly browned flip and repeat. .
Turn out onto a chopping board and leave to cool.
Cut the omelette into thin strips.

To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and soy sauce until combined.
Toss together the spinach leaves, onion, daikon, cucumber, ginger, toasted sesame seeds, omelette strips and dressing in a large bowl.
Ready to serve.

cookessentials, Jul 5, 2:50am
That sounds very tasty valentino.

vashti, Jul 5, 4:26am
That sounds really nice and easy, with every thing I like.
Are all seaweed sheets much the same, meaning the "brand"and would I buy the pickled ginger from the condiment section at the supermarket?
I am suddenly feelingthe need to eat healthily.

charlieb2, Jul 5, 4:29am
vashti... have a look in the 'International' section of your supermarket... . they may even have a sub-section of Asian. Where you will find all the necessary

vashti, Jul 5, 4:31am
Thanks for that, good idea, I should have thought of it.

valentino, Jul 5, 7:08am
I have this virtually weekly. I need to watch carefully what one eats now and Doctors orders to go as one says "Cut down on normal run-of-the-mill-so-called everyday kiwi meals" and look to meals that will suit my life style currently and to stay healthy hence a selection of meals as such.

Yes, cookessentials, it is lovely plus that other one especially following one's orders. I have 2 salads per week at least throughout the year. Another nice option is mixing canned salmon and it's juices in with lettuce etc.

Cheers.

lilyfield, Jul 5, 7:13am
I am known for beautiful shaped fancy breads- any variety

wahinetoa62, Jul 5, 8:25am
Mine would have to be my roast, stuffed chicken... the stuffing is made the oldfashioned way... but for some reason everyone raves about it and loves it...

beaker59, Jul 5, 9:08am
For me its probably my mussel fritters.

Shell mussels alive into a bowl cut each mussel into 3 or 4 pieces for each dozen mussels - finely chop an onion and a tomato, add one egg and 2 tablespoons of flour 1/4 tsp baking powder and a handful of chopped corriander and a good pinch of curry powder. Fry in good sized patties for dinner serve with salads and wedges, or for finger party food do small patties and serve with sweet thai chilli sauce.

Trouble is my best dish is my thai red curry but there is no recipe its based on what I have on the day, shame my wife likes green curry but I can't cook that the way she likes it.

valentino, Jul 5, 11:34pm
Another very nice easy and healthy meal... . . First time posted too !

Honey Chicken.

Oil for cooking
500g approx chicken thigh fillets cut into cubes
1 egg white lightly beaten
1/3 cup cornflour
2 onions thinly sliced
1 green capsicum cubed
2 carrots cut into baton like strips
100g snow peas sliced
1/4 cup honey and
2 tablespoons toasted almonds.

Heat a wok or deep fry-pan, add 1 1/2 tbsp of oil, swirl to coat all sides.
Dip half of chicken into egg white then lightly dust with cornflour, stir fry over high heat for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and just cooked.
Remove from pan or wok and drain on paper towels.
Repeat with remaining chicken the above.
Reheat wok or pan, add another tbsp oil, stir fry sliced onion over high heat until lightly softened (about 3-4 minutes).
Add the capsicum and carrot, cook, tossing for 3-4 minutes or until tender, then stir in snow peas and cook for another 2 minutes. Increase heat, add honey and toss the veges until well coated. Return all chicken to wok or pan and toss until it is heated through and well coated in the honey.
Remove from the heat, season well with salt and pepper.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with the almonds.

cookessentials, Jul 5, 11:58pm
Mine would probably be my pumpkin loaves or lemon yoghurt cake - I think they would be the most made on the recipe section, however, they are not main meals.
Valentino, we have the wood smoked salmon and orzo pasta just about weekly too - it is so quick to do and i can have it all done and on the table in about twenty minutes.

valentino, Jul 6, 12:13am
Totally agreed with both your pumpkin loaves and that beautiful lemon yoghurt cake.

And yum also to the wood smoked salmon etc.

Great stuff.

(P. s. ) just added a lovely rhubarb crumble recipe to the dessert thread, this is superb especially with pears.

Cheers.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 6, 12:18am
do you have a recipe for the yoghurt cake? would love to have a go sounds soo yummy :)

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 6, 12:20am
this sounds delicious might give this a go this week :) thanks

rolznsp, Jul 6, 12:20am
Since you have spoken so much of this tipsy i am trying tonight :)

purplegoanna, Jul 6, 3:32am
At the mo its wonton soup either chicken or beef/pork... ive been making it 'bung in the pot style' but next time im going to measurement my amounts and write them down so i can share the recipe.

kiwitrish, Jul 6, 3:34am
Mine would have to be Beef Wellington or my choc cake.

cookessentials, Jul 6, 3:47am
Here you go - freshly copy and pasted off my website recipe section LOL

Lemon Yoghurt Cake
This recipe has been in the family for over 25 years it was given to my Mother a friend in Seattle hence the use of a "bundt" tin. Bundt tins are available for sale in our catalogue. The cake keeps extremely well and freezes beautifully. Just remember to grease tin well with butter and dust with flour, shaking off the excess before filling with mixture.
Ingredients:
1 & 3/4 cups caster sugar
rind 2-3 lemons
2 eggs
1 cup sunflower oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt (not low fat)
2-3 tsp lemon juice
2 cups self raising flour
Method:
Beat eggs, oil, sugar and peel together in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients in the order above. Butter and flour a 24cm bundt tin . Bake at 180C for thirty minutes. Test with a cake tester. Let cake rest only 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Dust cold cake with sifted icing sugar.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 6, 4:13am
fabulous you wont be disapointed rolznsp and thank you heaps cookessentials will definitely give this a go.