I had a recipe for savoury snacks which was savoury short pastry spread with pesto cut into squares and baked... can't remember what else they had on them! Anyone got this recipe pls?
Sep 16, 11:50am
Use a savoury short pastry recipe - or purchase some - this rolls out and bakes and looks a little like flattened shortbread, though tastes different. .
Roll out until about 3-4mm thick. . a little thicker than you would have pastry for a pie. Cut into small circles with a cookie cutter - the crinkle-edged ones look good.
Bake as per the recipe or packet instructions. Leave till completely cold and freeze until the day they're needed - or make a few days ahead and keep in an airtight container.
You can decorate them as you wish. . some of the following can be made in advance, then placed on the circles not long before being ready to serve:
* Mix some cream cheese and salmon or smoked salmon together, add chopped chives or a little chopped mint. Season to taste. Spread over the circles, top with a small piece of smoked salmon.
* A slice of avocado, a slice of tomato and some smoked salmon on top. .
* Make some guacamole, and spread a thick layer over the circle, sprinkle with paprika and top with a small wedge of tomato.
* Use some cream cheese, seasoned to taste and a little lemon juice added, and spread on the circles. Top with some caviar.
* Spread a little hummus on the circles, then top with a thin layer of pesto.
* Place a slice of tomato on the circles, then top with pesto.
* Place a slice of cucumber on the circles, top with finely chopped mint mixed into some cream cheese, cottage cheese or hummus and season to your taste.
* Mix some finely chopped sundried tomato and some finely chopped mint into some cream, cottage cheese or hummus and spread on the circles. . top with a tiny piece of mint or parsley.
* Mix some chopped smoked salmon into some hummus - season to taste if needed, spread on the circles and decorate.
* Mix some sweet chilli sauce or some pickle, chutney or relish into cream cheese, cottage cheese or hummus, season if needed and spread on the circles and decorate.
* Mix some chopped gherkins into cream cheese, cottage cheese or hummus and season if needed, add smoked salmon if you want, spread on the circles and decorate.
* Other ingredients you could use:
* Salami, chopped or sliced in circles * Olives - sliced or chopped * Fresh herbs - parsley, mint, lemon balm, thyme, sage, etc. . * Grilled chopped crispy bacon * Hard boiled eggs chopped through cream cheese, cottage cheese or hummus and seasoned. * Slices of hard boiled egg. * Mashed hardboiled eggs, a little mayonnaise added and seasoned to taste - add a little curry powder and some chopped parsley - the good ole savoury egg recipe adapted to top the circles. * Thin slices of fresh tuna * Whatever you fancy... .
Since the public registrations are closed, you must have an invite from a current member to be able to register and post in this thread.
Have an account? Login here.