Cheap and yummy lunch to feed a truckload of kids

Page 2 / 2
darlingmole, Jun 27, 7:39am
Hi Toady~! I haven't been on here in AGES but have to agree with you, my lot LOVE soup. Pumpkin soup is def the fav (just discovered that by roasting the pumpkin first it makes the flavour out of this world! ), 2nd best is leek'n'potato followed by bacon hock/vege/lentil. My fav is tomato though ...

If anyone has trouble feeding their kids soup then I suggest they throw in alphabet pasta or top the soup with grated cheese or crutons (or just some bread that's been toasted and shaped with a cookie cutter)

toadfish, Jun 27, 8:25am
I love to feed my girls a good balanced diet... and because of that they love all things healthy... .

I maybe out of line but when I have a household full of other peoples children the budget just does not stretch to the same menu... hence the pile of toasted sandwichs... it doesn't happen often. . andam not in the least worried about its lack of nutrition as its a very small part of "my childrens" overall diet... . now the others... goodness knows what they eat at home... . some of their likes and dislikes are "unusual".

But as part of their "balanced" life they are all safe and happy at my place... and lucky for me they all think I am pretty cool making sure they never go hungry. .

toadfish, Sep 10, 6:12pm
*Waves back at Darlingmole* no I am not on here nearly as much as I used to be either. . life has got very busy... . but very cool as well.

Hope all is going well for you... I thought of you the other day as our car club had a rally past a certain institution and it made me wonder how you were getting on.