Whats your favourite thing to cook in a crockpot??

Page 3 / 8
herself, Jun 29, 9:51am
I rub the bolar roast in a packet of Maggi Oxtail soup mix, put it in the crockpot (NO liquid added) before I leave for work (8am) and it's done when I get home at 6pm. Make gravy out of the juices that have formed. Delicious!

fruitluva2, Jun 29, 9:02pm
Okay I've just brought a slow cooker after being tempted with the threads on it. Now I'm totally novice with it so, will I still need to coat the meat in flour? I like my roasts done this way but not sure if it gives similar results. Can someone enlighten me please.

ballito, Jun 29, 11:53pm
Thanks beaker59. Will try that this weekend. Just love tapioca.

fifie, Jun 30, 12:17am
fruit luva i use my C/P a lot in winter and if i am doing a beef, hogget, lamb, roast i rub a little oil all over the meat then a little crushed garlic salt and pepper, then pop it in a hot frying pan and brown the meat all over just keep turning it till it browns up this seals in the flavours. Put it in your crock pot and drizzle a little balsamic vinegar over it, NO water and cook. When done lift it out, cover with tin foiland make a gravy with the left over juices, you will have a nice tender piece of meat. Your way of coating the meat with flour and seasonings etc then brown it in a hot pan with about 1 tablespoon of oil, should work think it will give it a nice coating. I toss meat in flour if making a stew etc and always brown everything before cooking as i feel this gives it added flavour other wise it can be a bit bland and tasteless. Everyone has different ways i don't like vegs cooked with my roast as i like them crispy so do them in the oven, and always do the roast pork in the oven for the crackling to but others love their pork in the C/P suggest you try things, hope this helps...

vashti, Jun 30, 12:23am
Zappi, you are a little ripper. I have been looking every where for this recipe, I used to make it often when the kids were at home, and I thought I would try it when my grandies come tomorrow.
thank you, thank, you thank you,

lisamarie3, Jun 30, 12:40am
I have cooked Corned beef in the slow cooker a couple of times BUT it always comes out stringy, what am I doing wrong... . ? ? ? ?

tinkagirl, Jun 30, 1:33am
self saucing chocolate pudding and mac and cheese... not at the same time of course hahaha

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 3, 8:58pm
with corned beef you need to make sure you carve it the right way. it should come out shiney rather than strings

lythande1, Jul 3, 9:25pm
It doesn't seal anything. It browns it to add flavour. Like using the brown stuck bits on the bottom of your pan to make gravy. Chefs should be shot for starting that "seal" business.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 3, 9:37pm
lol above

sooterkin, Jul 4, 1:28am
Ribs in the crock pot. yummy.
I am trying to to Lamb shanks tomorrow

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 6, 6:49am
yumm ribs i havent had spare ribs in a long time. any idea on some recipes for ribs that can closely make up an entire meal?

katje, May 7, 6:07am
a mock hangi. Put in cabbage leaves and inside the leaves I put in potatoes, kumara, pork bones, chicken wings or thighs, pumpkin some onion and sage stuffing and pour in a little vege or beef stock and cook

amanda_simonp, May 7, 7:10am
would love the macaroni cheese one pls if you would share - TIA.

lindylambchops1, May 7, 7:10am
One of my fav things to do in the crock pot is......dried fruit.Especially nice for breakfast or as a dessert.I use dried apricots, prunes, sultanas, sliced cored & un-peeled fresh apple, dates then cover with water & crock pot away!You can add whatever dried fruits you like.Also mixed spices may be added or spices of your choice.Enjoy!Serve with custard or ice cream for dessert.Have for breakfast on it's own or with porridge.

olly1981, May 7, 9:44am
right time to buy a bigger cp i think peeps thanks for the yummi recipies!

nojack, May 7, 10:05am
Whats your favourite thing to cook in a crockpot??
It had better be the Pea and Ham Soup fromAllyson Grofton's book, Slow. I got a 5l crockpot and Allyson's book in a good deal (I think) at Noel Leemings a week or so ago. Got it simmering away overnight, so can cool and freeze some in the morning. I'll let you know!

tich50, May 7, 10:25am
Imakemypea/barley/red lentil/vegiesoupwithshininmycrock poteveryalternateSaturday.Willtry#65recipe.....lovedriedfruit.

clgodkin, May 7, 1:36pm
Definitely corned beef...melt in your mouth.

lilyfield, May 7, 9:40pm
Bread -as from now on. Out of curiosity i did my first loaf last night and am suitably impressed. Ever so easy and quciker than in the breadmaker.

jase320, May 8, 4:48am
bread in the crockpot?? do you just make the normal recipe//

jase320, May 8, 4:49am
scratch that, found the other link further down :-)

lindylambchops1, May 8, 9:54am
The dried fruit makes a delicious change for a cold morning !Love it with custard too.

kinna54, May 9, 8:08am
Lamb shanks. and my slow cooker smell doesn't worry me. I turn on the extractor fan, which goes out onto the driveway side of the house. Neighbour often says... wow what are you having for dinner tho.

tullyann, May 9, 8:42am
Give away the Slow cooker the Lastest Rageis the New Pressure cooker ,
Instead of 5hrs it takes40 min ,,and corned beefso yummmmy !!