Whats your favourite thing to cook in a crockpot??

Page 2 / 8
rainrain1, Jun 25, 5:53am
Don't take offence... . . I just hate the smell of crockpot cooking in my kitchen... . . lemons or no lemons

tipsy_bl0nde, Jun 25, 5:57am
lol thats okay i love the smell of anything cooking ... hehe cos it means i get to eat it :P

rainrain1, Jun 25, 6:07am
Of course... . that's the best part :-)

nfh1, Jun 25, 7:43am
I put mine in the garage!

calista, Jun 25, 9:33am
The bacon hock soup is my most frequently cooked- I have a batch of 6 litres in the fridge cooling down before being put into containers to be frozen tomorrow.

But my favourite is Alison Holsts Plum (christmas) Pudding because of the lovely smell that permeates the house.

earthangel4, Jun 25, 11:36am
Hi Cooks thanks so much, will be making this, next week, yum lol

lythande1, Jun 27, 3:57am
Pot Roast.

herika, Jun 27, 7:09am
Mince, stews and soups :)

sherralynne, Jun 27, 8:33am
Corned beef, cooked in ginger ale, honey and ground ginger. Beautiful every time

sleyle, Jun 27, 10:09am
With the Ham Hock Soup, can you sub lentils for the pasta? If so, when would you put them in? Thanks.

beaker59, Jun 27, 11:44am
My favouriye from the slow cooker is Tapioca pudding, specially in winter.

ballito, Jun 28, 1:32am
Hi there beaker59 (or anyone else out there). Do you have the recipe for the tapioca pudding. Thanks.

yduj, Jun 28, 3:21am
Ham Hock soup - I use bacon or ham hock plus barley and add grated and chopped assorted veges, plenty of pumpkin (which I put in in chunks and smooosh later when it's cooked). Fill with water and cook for about 6-8hrs on high. No need to do the soup in two different stages, bung it all in and away you go. Once cooked and cooled, remove any fat that may have set, break up hock meat, mash veges a bit. Hearty and delicious and absolutely no hassle. Make it every week every winter and have for my lunches.

daryl37, Jun 28, 6:24am
I love crockpot! ! ! beef curries, beef stroganoff, bourginon, chicken and meat pies, yum yum!

tipsy_bl0nde, Jun 28, 7:52am
i agree. . yumm! ! !

rss9, Jun 28, 8:34am
... . SAGO PUDDING... . . cooked with a can of coconut milk and add more milk while cooking (about 2 hours on low) with a 1/4 cup sugar.
Heavenlyeasy dessert . . yyuumm
Try it ! ! ! !

rss9, Jun 28, 8:37am
... YES ... . . Beaker59... did u see Tapioca on special last week for 50 cents... . yes 50 cents... . I stocked up... ...

beaker59, Jun 29, 5:50am
No I hadn't seen that though I do have a fair bit in the cupboard and don't do it allot as I could get a bit pudgy on it ;) heres my recipe which I got off the net a few years ago its the easiest I have ever seen.
4 cups milk
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup small pearl tapioca
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp Vanilla essence

DIRECTIONS
1. Stir together the milk, sugar, tapioca, and eggs in a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on Medium for 3 hours, or on Low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve warm.
Very nice with some fruit and a bit of icecream, leftovers are nice served cold the next day

tipsy_bl0nde, Jun 29, 6:29am
awesome stuff ! :) thank you heaps :)

cake4, Jun 29, 7:44am
me too! !

cake4, Jun 29, 7:45am
Im a tard, how do you guys cook a beef bolar roast in the crock pot? ?

cake4, Jun 29, 7:46am
\
YUM :)

cottagerose, Jun 29, 7:46am
This morning I did chicken legs with curry, garlic, ginger, mango relish, mushrooms, onions, tin of apricots and coconut cream altho the recipe said coconut milk but I didnt have any and had to alter the recipe a bit as it looked a bit thick so threw in apricots and juice.

bogan-j, Jun 29, 8:30am
Has anyone got a tasty but recipe for a stew or something similar using stewing steak? ? Thanks so much:-)

we_egg, Jun 29, 9:35am
my favourite is lamb roast in the CP.

chuck on leg lamb
salt/pepper

8am in morn - take out at 6ish... .
delish