Whats your favourite thing to cook in a crockpot??

Page 8 / 8
beaker59, Jun 29, 5:50am
No I hadn't seen that though I do have a fair bit in the cupboard and don't do it allot as I could get a bit pudgy on it ;) heres my recipe which I got off the net a few years ago its the easiest I have ever seen.
4 cups milk
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup small pearl tapioca
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp Vanilla essence

DIRECTIONS
1.Stir together the milk, sugar, tapioca, and eggs in a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on Medium for 3 hours, or on Low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve warm.
Very nice with some fruit and a bit of icecream, leftovers are nice served cold the next day

herself, Jun 29, 9:51am
I rub the bolar roast in a packet of Maggi Oxtail soup mix, put it in the crockpot (NO liquid added) before I leave for work (8am) and it's done when I get home at 6pm.Make gravy out of the juices that have formed.Delicious!

fifie, Jun 30, 12:17am
fruit luva i use my C/P a lot in winter and if i am doing a beef, hogget, lamb, roast i rub a little oil all over the meat then a little crushed garlic salt and pepper, then pop it in a hot frying pan and brown the meat all over just keep turning it till it browns up this seals in the flavours. Put it in your crock pot and drizzle a little balsamic vinegar over it, NO water and cook. When done lift it out, cover with tin foiland make a gravy with the left over juices, you will have a nice tender piece of meat. Your way of coating the meat with flour and seasonings etc then brown it in a hot pan with about 1 tablespoon of oil, should work think it will give it a nice coating. I toss meat in flour if making a stew etc and always brown everything before cooking as i feel this gives it added flavour other wise it can be a bit bland and tasteless.Everyone has different ways i don't like vegs cooked with my roast as i like them crispy so do them in the oven, and always do the roast pork in the oven for the crackling to but others love their pork in the C/P suggest you try things, hope this helps.

lythande1, Jul 3, 9:25pm
It doesn't seal anything. It browns it to add flavour. Like using the brown stuck bits on the bottom of your pan to make gravy. Chefs should be shot for starting that "seal" business.