Dairy free

virea, Jun 23, 9:03pm
I have just been put on dairy free and missing my bakeing so much. I made some muffins with oil instead of butter and soy milk and they turned out good. Has any one got any ideas for scones. would also like ideas for savory muffins as I cant use cheese.

barloo, Jun 23, 11:32pm
Use non cow cheeses! !
There are plenty out thewre. Just look for them in the supermarket:)

lala2, Jun 24, 12:47am
Hi virea, my daughter had to go dairy free for a month. For scones i just used oil instead of butter or you could oliviani and i used rice milk instead of normal milk and they turned out ok.

lala2, Jun 24, 12:54am
I made these muffin for her, they are not avory but thought you might like recipe.

Carrot and honey Muffins
2c flour
2tsp b. soda
1tspn mixed pice
1/2c raw sugar
1/2c liquid honey
2 1/2c grated carrot
1/2c raisins
3 eggs
1c oil
Sift flour, b. soda and mised spice into a bowl. Stir in raw sugar. make well in centre and pour in honey. Add carrot and raisins. Beat egg and oil together. Add to ingredients. Mix to just moisten. 3/4 fill muffin tins. Bake 200 c for 20min or until muffins spring back when lightly touched.

lala2, Jun 24, 1:02am
OK have just looked through my muffin book and found a savory one that you could just substitute the milk. I have not tried it.
TOMATOE AND BASIL MUFFINS
2c flour
3tspn b. powder
1/2 tspn salt
1 tspn sugar
3 tbspn oil from sundried tomatoes
2 eggs
1c milk (soy or rice)
2 tbspn chopped fresh basil
1/4c drained sundried tomatoes in oil

Sift flour, b. powder and salt into bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in centre. Beat oil, eggs and milk together until combined. pour into dry ingredients. Add basil and tomatoes. Mix to just moisten. 3/4 fill muffin tins. Bake 190 c for 10-15m or until muffins spring back when lightly touched.

virea, Sep 4, 12:46pm
thank you lala. Both receipes look good. I will give them a try over the weekend.